Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4 (video game)

United States

Fallout 4 (video game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

fallout 3 was easily one of my favorite games of the last console generation, and from the looks of this trailer, this game is going to be an instant classic with me. glad it's only being put on newer systems and pc. who else is pumped?

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, it looks pretty sweet - albeit from a short trailer - but I agree, Fallout 3 was a superb game that I got many hours of gameplay out of (more than 100, IIRC), and I didn't even explore every single nook and cranny in that time!

Hopefully it'll be solid and stable when it's released. I do worry these days that some games are just being shoved out the door before they're ready - in fact, we know it's happening (Ubisoft are fast becoming the new EA in that regard) ... so fingers crossed for a polished, stable product at release (IIRC New Vegas had an awful lot of glitches and bugs).
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 04-Jun-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Administrator

England
    Looks pretty!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Yeeeeeeeeeeessssss.

Can't wait for that.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    The news of the year, as far as I'm concerned

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Aye, it looks pretty sweet - albeit from a short trailer - but I agree, Fallout 3 was a superb game that I got many hours of gameplay out of (more than 100, IIRC), and I didn't even explore every single nook and cranny in that time!

Hopefully it'll be solid and stable when it's released. I do worry these days that some games are just being shoved out the door before they're ready - in fact, we know it's happening (Ubisoft are fast becoming the new EA in that regard) ... so fingers crossed for a polished, stable product at release (IIRC New Vegas had an awful lot of glitches and bugs).
    i'm pleased that the trailer appears to be very heavy on what is likely in-game/game engine footage and not a brief 60 second cgi cutscene, like the dead island trailer and so many others these days.

and new vegas was good, but never really grabbed me the way fallout 3 did. got all achievements and completed all dlc for 3, and still felt like i'd only discovered about half of that amazing game. new vegas was also from a different developer than fallout 3, though both games were pretty buggy at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Looks pretty!
    indeed. i have read complaints online about the graphics not being quite what people expected on new consoles, but there is so much more detail and color in this world than previous fallout games and the animations appear more fluid and natural to my eyes.....and besides, there's a lot more to a great game than graphics.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 05-Jun-2015 at 04:46 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i have read complaints online about the graphics not being quite what people expected on new consoles, but there is so much more detail and color in this world than previous fallout games and the animations appear more fluid and natural to my eyes.....and besides, there's a lot more to a great game than graphics.
    True. Fallout 3 wasn't the best looking game out there at the time, but it was the design of the world that convinced. Graphics have an impact to an extent (e.g. sometimes in GTA V you just stop to look and marvel at a wonderful bit of scenery, or a storm on the horizon), but without a good story or an immersive and well-designed world, it'd be all mouth and no trousers.

The world of Fallout 3 told so many unspoken stories and there was a history to the places you visited that inspired you to explore every nook and cranny. Discovering hidden secrets, sometimes very dark ones, offered thrills as sizeable as a big shoot out.

*edit*

Screenshots here for your drool-mouthed perusal:
    http://www.actiontrip.com/news/fallo...reens/060415_2
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 05-Jun-2015 at 09:57 AM.

United States
    tonight's e3 reveal was incredible. some vids (not the best quality, sorry) are below:

character creation and intro:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InxJ59Netms
    weapons and armor customization:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-D8KDx2_eQ

combat gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzV1GlDDlv8

lots of other cool stuff, too, such as customizable outposts, having your dog fetch items for you and obey commands, new crafting features.

releasing november 10th of this year. day one purchase for me, GOTY contender for sure.

England
    Loving all the post apocalyptic themed games.
    Tom Clancy's The Division looks quality and a new Rainbow 6 title coming too.
    Also backwards compatability from the 360. I bought a load of 360 titles dirt cheap just before the xbone came out so I'm chuffed with that announcement

- - - Updated - - -

Bethesda presentation

https://youtu.be/CKrOoq3LKrw
    Last edited by kidgloves; 15-Jun-2015 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Hjh
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Backwards compatibility? Eh? This is news to me ... please explain.

*edit*

There's also a game for your tablet that they're putting out for folks who are into that kind of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGwuhvejV1s
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 16-Jun-2015 at 04:41 PM.

England
    The xbone will play 360 games basically

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    The xbone will play 360 games basically
    Huh ... funny how it was such a big deal beforehand (i.e. MS not offering that capability). How times change, eh?

Super Moderator

UK
    Saw this just now, had a giggle.

England
    Tick tock.

I've been trying to finish The Witcher 3 before this comes along but it's such a good game, that's written so well, I get distracted with 3rd tier adventures/missions.
    Fallout 4 looks special though and they've been developing Doom alongside it so the FPS elements will be stellar. Fit that into an RPG and I'm going to be lost to the game for a good 6 months

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    I've still not got onto the latest generation of consoles (nor have I even decided over the choice of XB1 or PS4) - I've been playing catch up on some Xbox360 titles that I never got around to instead ... ... but with some of these titles coming around, perhaps I'll have to look into upgrading.