Thread: Kung Fury (film)

Undisclosed

Kung Fury (film)

What's this? A schlocky retro 80's movie done in 2014 by a Swedish director? You bet; and David Sandberg plays all the right cords. It ranks with the best(or worst) of low budget cinema from that time. For a thirty minute short film, this is a hoot and a half.

and what's a retro 80's movie without a music video; starring the Hoff himself.

Super Moderator

UK
    I finally got around to seeing this the other day and yep - this actually IS awesome.

You know all those articles or videos on the web that claim to be "AMAZING!" and turn out to be a shit waste of time? Well Kung Fury actually IS amazing! Well worth seeing for anyone who's not checked it out yet - it's a hell of a lot of fun, and it's well made to boot!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I finally got around to seeing this the other day and yep - this actually IS awesome.

You know all those articles or videos on the web that claim to be "AMAZING!" and turn out to be a shit waste of time? Well Kung Fury actually IS amazing! Well worth seeing for anyone who's not checked it out yet - it's a hell of a lot of fun, and it's well made to boot!
    Minion; would I steer you wrong, man? The whole scene with Kung Fury and his girlfriend; a faux Kenny G track playing in the background, It was almost too spot on to the Michael Mann music video movies like Band of The Hand or Man Hunter I watched as a young man in his twenties. And the fact that David Sandberg convinced The Hoff to go along with it? Well, here's what Hasselhoff had to say about his contribution to Kung Fury.

Last edited by wayzim; 21-Aug-2015 at 12:50 AM. Reason: B'cuz

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm still chuckling about the 'hacking time' sequence, Nintendo Power Glove and all.

I usually cringe whenever Hasselhoff appears on the telly, yet in this particular context his brand of cheese works for me ... such is the power of Kung Fury!

Administrator

England
    OK! Classic! Bizarre and great fun
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan