Thread: Doom 4 (video game)

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Here's some extended gameplay ... in Hell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5SWaNGrokQ

There's a few nice touches in there - the double jump, the 'auto pull' of dropped items/health to your body (so you don't have to directly step over every single item - nicely efficient), the slow-mo as you select a different weapon, the highlighting of a near-death enemy so you know exactly when you can interact with them to finish them off ... plus it looks snazzy and the gameplay looks pretty polished (while Rage had a naff story, the gameplay was great).

Definitely one to look out for ... although I'll have to get a new console in order to ever play it, and frankly I still don't know which one I'd want to buy!

*edit*

Annnnnnd ... some super duper gameplay showing off sweet moves, insane gore (the chainsaw!!!), and generally more open level design than what I recall from Doom 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpdtNKWXV_E
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 15-Jun-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I love all the Doom games. That being said, the entirety of Doom 3 is set inside futuristic tech bases. I hope that's not the case this time around...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I love all the Doom games. That being said, the entirety of Doom 3 is set inside futuristic tech bases. I hope that's not the case this time around...
    Wellll... the majority of it, but not the entirety. IIRC towards the end the hell stuff broke out more, but yes, it was generally quite contained to that particular base. The add-on pack "Resurrection of Evil" had a base in it, but it also had various underground excavation sites and went to Hell, too. By the looks of the new footage there should be a mix, with a big chunk of preview gameplay taking place in Hell/a Hell-like place.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The hell part was awesome, but unlike Doom 1 and 2 which both grew more "hell like" as the game progressed (as "reality itself" got corrupted by the dimension of hell), Doom 3 rather featured brief segments where you ran through hell itself but these weren't that many. The final third of both Doom 1 and 2 were set in hell...

Agreed on the excavation site parts, tho, those were enjoyable to a degree.

They released some Lost Missions a year ago or so to. Haven't played that yet.