Thread: James Horner (composer) dies

Administrator

England

James Horner (composer) dies

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah just saw this myself ... there seems to be an awful lot of big names shuffling loose this mortal coil, of late.

Agreed - his score on Aliens was immense. It gets the adrenaline pumping like no other - that scene in the control room, for instance ... holy moly!

Last edited by MinionZombie; 23-Jun-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Undisclosed
    For a movie that tried too hard at times, James Horner's score was still epic.

Last edited by wayzim; 24-Jun-2015 at 06:39 AM. Reason: B'cuz

Administrator

England
    Nice article over at AICN. I didn't realise quite how much he'd done! - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/72035
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur0giOyRy5Y&feature=youtu.be

Didn't realise he did *batteries Not Included - that's one of my childhood favourites. I watched that over and over and over again. My Mum has said that whenever I was up in the TV room and she was about the house, she'd smile and shake her head every time she heard that main theme from the movie emanating through the house.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Great watch!

...and I didn't even relaist he did Lord Of The Rings!

Wrath of Khan - F***ing amazing score...

-Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    [QUOTE=Neil;311837]^^ Great watch!

...and I didn't even relaist he did Lord Of The Rings!

Um, I'm not sure where you got that, Neil.

Howard Shore did the score for the Peter Jackson directed LOTR trilogy.
    Last edited by wayzim; 25-Jun-2015 at 02:55 PM. Reason: B'cuz

Administrator

England
    ^^ Ooops! You're right! He didn't do LotR! My bad!
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Ooops! You're right! He didn't do LotR! My bad!
    No big, but if I hadn't just finished revisiting my LOTR DVDs(with all their lovely commentary) that might have given me pause.

Now this score is pure Horner, from a favorite Science Fiction Film of mine.