Thread: First official Star Trek Cruise

Administrator

England

First official Star Trek Cruise

God this seems like a super tacky idea? Why is Shatner doing this? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/72827

Shatner will be performing his musical act, Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis will collaborate for some sort of stage performance (titled “Love Letters”), Denise Crosby will put on a tap dance display, Robert Picardo will host a Star Trek-themed version of Family Feud, and John De Lancie will host a “Q’s Masquerade Ball.” The entire ship will be decked out (no pun intended) in full Trek style, complete with a full replica of Quark’s bar and (one imagines) at least one of the numerous Enterprise bridges.

More here - http://www.startrek.com/article/beam...ar-trek-cruise

“I am excited to be the host of Star Trek: The Cruise,” says William Shatner. “When I was told that this was the first authorized Star Trek cruise and part of the 50th anniversary celebration, I just knew that my participation would be something that our fans would enjoy. It should be a lot of fun.”
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Bringing trekiness to a whole new level of sad?

This sounds laughable. Like something on 'The Big Bang Theory'.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I love Star Trek. But there's just noway. No way.

Administrator

England
    Can you imagine being stuck onboard with 2000 devout Trek nutters???

You'd just be praying for that iceburg!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Now, now, guys... don't be so hasty.

While it'll be mostly lame dudes there's bound to be some trek chicks along. Maybe the highest concentration of nerd girls in any single confined location YOU'LL ever see. With the liquor, innately lame competition, your awesome nerd prowess, and no way for them to escape for days it might DRAMATICALLY increase your chances of getting laid. You might have a .... maybe 3% chance. Those are pretty good odds for most of you.

Bring your Horga'hn.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.