Thread: Riddick fourth film & TV series

Administrator

England

Riddick fourth film & TV series

Yerp

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Vin-D...ils-95637.html

Diesel’s character Riddick was first introduced in a lesser-known film Pitch Black, a sleeper hit written and directed by David Twohy. Franchise fans should be happy to learn that Twohy will indeed be back for Furia, as he's currently penning the screenplay, according to Diesel.

This fanbase will certainly be useful in helping with TV viewership for the upcoming TV project, titled Merc City. While there is no word on whether a network is involved, or when a pilot might be produced, Diesel did give a hint about the subject matter. Rather than revolving around the titular character, the series will expand the universe of the franchise. Merc City will focus on the various Mercanaries and Bounty Hunters (and there are a lot of them) that seem to always be after Riddick and his companions.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Pitch Black was excellent.
    I don't know what happened after that, Twohy seems to have produced both the second and third film for a teenage audience that were never targeted with the first film.
    I enjoyed all three films to a degree, but the first was excellent and the second two both have major flaws which could easily have been avoided.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Pitch Black was excellent.
    I don't know what happened after that, Twohy seems to have produced both the second and third film for a teenage audience that were never targeted with the first film.
    I enjoyed all three films to a degree, but the first was excellent and the second two both have major flaws which could easily have been avoided.
    I enjoyed the heck out of all three...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I enjoyed them too! But you have to admit that the Riddick in film 2 and 3 is clearly superhuman, whereas in the first film he's just very tough. And that's a shift in tone that happened after the first one. Remember in the first film where the character of Johns actually beats Riddick in a fight? And later on the two are pitched agaisnt each other in the dark and instead of fighting, Riddick slips out into the shadows - leaving Johns to get eaten by the monsters? There wasn't anything of that in Film 2 and 3. Film 3 was an outright remake of the first film too, but with the night replaced by the rainy clouds.