Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain America: Civil War (Film)

Administrator

England

Captain America: Civil War (Film)

I hope this is as good as the last one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    It certainly looks like a good time to me - and plenty murky a la Winter Soldier.

United States
    That final fight scene w/ Cap & Bucky laying the smack on Stark was dope as fook.

Administrator

England
    I assume that isn't a major spoiler at 2:05!? ie: *cough* might be injured or dead??!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I assume that isn't a major spoiler at 2:05!? ie: *cough* might be injured or dead??!
    Ehhhh, it's just Cheadle...
    My son came busting in my room last night, telling me about the trailer, and how it had premiered on a talk show. I just happened to be watching said show, but an hour behind. Yay for me!!!
    I can't wait. I also noticed Black Panther this time around watching the trailer again.
    w00t!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    I'd reckon injured. It wouldn't be like Marvel to give away a massive spoiler in a trailer, would it? Obviously they're down - but are they out? Turn up to find out!

Administrator

England
    Not going to watch this myself... Don't want to risk spoiling anymore of this film for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrVegVI0Us
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    My take is this;

The reason I think this'll be better than BvS (the other Superhero vs Superhero film this year) is because the conflict is less conventional.
    I have no idea how it's going to end or what consequences this'll have.
    BvS on the other hand, everyone already knows the entire plot of that film. We knew it before the trailer was released. Heck, we knew it before they even announced it's existance. But this, I have no idea. A former very popular protagonist turned antagonist. That's pretty damn interesting.

United States
    2:17. Eyes bugged. Jaw dropped. Speechless.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Underoos!!!
    You can't help but pop a woodie.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    No! No! Not going to watch it! No!
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    I watched no.1 on Saturday, no.2 on Monday and no.3 on Tuesday...

Enjoyed it. It had some great sequences in it, but ultimately it felt a tad contrived in places. Black Panther just annoyed me, and although Spider Man was funny, his appearence in the film again felt "contrived". It also felt over long...

So a good flick and a nice follow on to no.2, but for me no.2 is still the best of the trilogy.
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I watched no.1 on Saturday, no.2 on Monday and no.3 on Tuesday...

Enjoyed it. It had some great sequences in it, but ultimately it felt a tad contrived in places. Black Panther just annoyed me, and although Spider Man was funny, his appearence in the film again felt "contrived". It also felt over long...

So a good flick and a nice follow on to no.2, but for me no.2 is still the best of the trilogy.
    I concur.
    I did like it, but it dragged in a few places, as have the other two. I'm guessing those times will be when the bong gets reloaded. Also, what up with Spidey having a super hot aunt?!?
    Marisa Tomei is still a hottie boombalottie.
    As far as owning the full trilogy as soon as it comes out? You bet!!!
    In comparison with BvS...
    I'm still giving BatSupe the edge by a few hairs, though I can't say why. Maybe it was the mood, the environment, my partiality towards Superman...
    Who knows?

The Spiderman coda had everyone popping wood, including myself. I mean, we already knew he was getting his own movies, but you still like to see it etched in stone like that.

I hear about people boohooing about there being too many superhero movies. I'm certainly not bored with it yet. I think we're just getting started, and I'm ready for more. With both Marvel and DC duking it out, I can see the world is doing their best to knock DC down before it can even start to compete with Marvel. I'm digging both so far. It also seems like everyone is trying to start up their own shared universe type of deal. GI Joe, and there were a few others my brain can't seem to remember at the moment. I'm still holding out for some kind of HE Man series. There are so many wonderful characters and baddies, and stories to explore.
    Anyway, I digress.

Civil War, a serious A- for me. Tony Stark is a hypocritical douche nozzle in this btw, played perfectly by Robert Downey Jr. I know he comes around eventually, but still...
    He seems to easily be able to point the accusing finger at everyone else, but semi-shrugs it off when it's his fault. Just so... smarmy.

Administrator

England
    BTW! I've not seen Ant Man, so all that came as a laugh riot to me
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As I've already said in the "last movie...." thread, this is an enjoyable film, but suffers from the same issues as the rest of Marvel's core Avengers entries. While a very fun time at the movies, there's never any real weight, consequences, or investment into the characters. Just another by-the-numbers Marvel film. They've found a formula that works, but the problem is that it's already becoming old and overused, so they really need to shake things up and take more chances like they have with Guardians, Daredevil(TV series) or the upcoming Doctor Strange.

Worth the price of admission, but it comes with pacing issues, character issues, and generally some of the same problems as Batman V Superman. The Spiderman and Ant-man scenes are definitely a highlight of Civil War, though!