Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Woman (film)

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Huge DC fan and I'm really looking forward to this. The first WW film since the creation of the character, fingers crossed they get it right!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    "She stands for equality."

Oh, is that why you gave her such revealing clothing?
    I hate interviews like this. Buncha fucking idiots thinking they're talking about something important. Let's get real here; You're plugging an action film. End of story. There's nothing more to it. Stop acting as if you're producing anything important, because you aren't. Also Kevin Smith, stop nodding in that over produced sleak studio of yours if you want us to take this seriously. Sit down and talk to your guest in a meeting that's obviously not scripted - because this is.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lGoQhFb4NM

Looks great! Although she was kinda shoe-horned into Batman V Superman, she was still good in the role and this looks to be taking her in the right direction!
    Last edited by bassman; 23-Jul-2016 at 08:01 PM. Reason: .

Ireland
    Ugh, going with a war angle again?

Those periods kill these things for me.

I know Captain America and Wonder Woman were essentially American propaganda vehicles, but as a student of both wars for many years, when they're inserted into superhero films, it just turns me off completely. i just can't go with it.

Still, nice Fokker though.

I think the likes of Thor and Wonder Woman have to be a couple of the stupidest superheroes ever invented tbh. They do absolutely nothing for me and the "gods" angle is a bloody awful device. I know there are worse superheroes in comic books throughout the decades (Arm-Fall-Off Boy and Squirrel Girl, I'm looking at you!), but as far as main superheroes that everybody would know, these two suck.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    The trailer looks pretty schweet as we used to say in the early 00s.

Seriously though, it looks good.

Speaking of Thor ... yeah ... of the Marvel flicks Thor was one of the ones I liked least, and I found the second Thor movie totally forgettable. I prefer the character as part of the Avengers rather than in a standalone flick, personally.

Not seen BvS yet - still - BUT I've got the extended edition pre-ordered on Blu-Ray, so I'll get to see it in a couple of weeks.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Not seen BvS yet - still - BUT I've got the extended edition pre-ordered on Blu-Ray, so I'll get to see it in a couple of weeks.
    Interested to see what you think on this one...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Wonder Woman - America's favorite amazon warrior in skimpy clothing.
    Just a zombie girl on a Saturday night. <3

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Early professional critic reviews are positive, as well as early fan screenings. The general consensus is that this is DC's first truly great entry that should help redeem the franchise from the decidedly split opinions from Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, and Suicide Squad. Perhaps the greatest comparison​, IMO, is that they're saying it is very much cut from the same origin story cloth from Richard Donner's Superman​: The Movie.

Waiting this final week for release is going to be agony!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It has it's issues, but the positives very much outweigh the negatives. Even though I can still enjoy Man of Steel, THIS is really the kind of big screen treatment the character deserved. That's the biggest thing this movie leaves you feeling, when you walk out, you KNOW who Wonder Woman is and what she's about. It's overwhelming how they were able to capture the true essense of the character. I haven't felt the same feeling from a DC film since Gordon's "watchful protector" epilogue in The Dark Knight.

Hopefully this is a good stepping stone for DC to continue on successfully with this shared universe. Snyder, Jenkins, Gadot, and everyone involved hit a good stride with this one.

Super Moderator

UK
    And isn't it with Wonder Woman that DC now have their own version of Kevin Feige overseeing the whole DCEU? They didn't have that in the previous flicks, but with WW this is the first of the DCEU movies that have an overseer keeping things balanced from a high vantage point to steer and course correct.

Been hearing a lot of good things about it. There's been a 'narrative' surrounding the DCEU in the media (as if BvS and Suicide Squad was the tearing down the DCEU, and WW is the rise of the phoenix from the supposed ashes), which we could do without, but Wonder Woman looked like a really cool flick just from the trailers long before release. Being that they had their 'overseer' fully installed for WW, I had a good feeling about this one from the get-go and that this one would break the 'narrative'. Seems to be the case.

United States
    Wonder Woman's lasso of truth is so kinky.
    Just a zombie girl on a Saturday night. <3

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And isn't it with Wonder Woman that DC now have their own version of Kevin Feige overseeing the whole DCEU? They didn't have that in the previous flicks, but with WW this is the first of the DCEU movies that have an overseer keeping things balanced from a high vantage point to steer and course correct.

Been hearing a lot of good things about it. There's been a 'narrative' surrounding the DCEU in the media (as if BvS and Suicide Squad was the tearing down the DCEU, and WW is the rise of the phoenix from the supposed ashes), which we could do without, but Wonder Woman looked like a really cool flick just from the trailers long before release. Being that they had their 'overseer' fully installed for WW, I had a good feeling about this one from the get-go and that this one would break the 'narrative'. Seems to be the case.
    If I remember correctly, they announced that Geoff John's and some other WB executive were taking over the DCEU sometime near the middle or end of production on WW. It wasn't too terribly long ago. Before that it was Snyder that was kind of leading the team. He has credits for story and producing WW, as well.

One of the greatest things about WW is how they were able to successfully balance the tone to appeal to the majority of audiences. Where as Man of Steel and BvS held a darker tone that caused a divided reaction, Wonder Woman found a way to carry that same weight, while also bringing levity to the film. With the World War 1 setting it needed to have a darker tone, but somehow they found a perfect balance to give it a more universal appeal.

I'm looking forward to going to see this again!