Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead 2x06 "Sicut Cervus" episode discussion...

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeah, IIRC it starts out about a month in (so further in that where we are with FTWD right now), and then over the course of the film it advances to a few months in. When it all starts off in Dawn they still have a (albeit crumbling) form of government, they have nationally broadcasting television, they have police, they have SWAT teams doing raids, although people are starting to scatter - but there's still a very recognisable society continuing to exist.

Different ZA's, of course, but if you use Dawn as a marker to judge FTWD against, in Fear they're waaaaaaaaay early for some of the things that are going on ... heck, even just looking at it on its own it's way too early for some things to be happening, as have been mentioned in this and other FTWD threads in recent weeks.
    In Dawn the protagonists are even afraid that the government might detain them and confiscate the helicopter that they took from the TV station if they don't show the authorities proper paper work for it. That's how functional the government still is at the start of that movie, even like a month or so into the zombie crisis. In FTWD it seems like everything has gone to hell too fast.

Being Attacked

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    In Dawn the protagonists are even afraid that the government might detain them and confiscate the helicopter that they took from the TV station if they don't show the authorities proper paper work for it. That's how functional the government still is at the start of that movie, even like a month or so into the zombie crisis. In FTWD it seems like everything has gone to hell too fast.
    Not to mention the fact that government and military would just say screw it and napalm all the major cities 10 days into the crisis...

United States
    Following the military and the government would be interesting were it not for the fact that they've already cast the military as jerks and the government as having abandoned the populace in Season 1. That doesn't leave much room for a protagonist to follow.

I haven't really been paying attention to the timelines, but after reading through some of these threads I have to agree that the fall of society and the characters going post apocalyptic in mindset has been too rapid. I can't imagine having left the country by sea so quickly into it. I'd still be huddled in my basement eating stored foods clutching a baseball bat with a radio on 24/7.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Following the military and the government would be interesting were it not for the fact that they've already cast the military as jerks and the government as having abandoned the populace in Season 1. That doesn't leave much room for a protagonist to follow.

I haven't really been paying attention to the timelines, but after reading through some of these threads I have to agree that the fall of society and the characters going post apocalyptic in mindset has been too rapid. I can't imagine having left the country by sea so quickly into it. I'd still be huddled in my basement eating stored foods clutching a baseball bat with a radio on 24/7.
    Abandoned Season 1!!!!!! Are you forgetting the single Huey flying patrol in S3? And the incompetent ground support squad that let the Gov and co wipe them out? Hahaha. Just once I wanna see a competent military element that isn't filled with rapists, thieves etc.