Thread: Kong: Skull Island (film)

Administrator

England

Kong: Skull Island (film)

There's some names nearly as big as Kong in this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E591L_sxw-k
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They most definitely made the ape bigger for that eventual Godzilla VS Kong flick.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Looks like good fun to me! I really did enjoy Peter Jackson's film, even with its monstrous running time, so I'm up for seeing this.

So, is it set in the Vietnam War period in history, judging by the cameras and Huey choppers?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What I like about the original Kong story, even though I'm not really a fan of it, is it's naive 30's sense of exploration and adventure.

I can tell that the producers for this film all sat around a table and discussed how they should update the story for "modern audiences". Why did they have to add all that gung-ho machoism?

Still, looks pretty entertaining. I wish they could just throw a robot in there somehow.

United States
    this looks much better than i had anticipated. that trailer has me genuinely interested in this, will probably make a trip to the theaters for it even.

however, i sure hope it's more entertaining than the godzilla reboot, and that they show the damn titular beast for his fair share of screen time. godzilla 2014 had a pathetic amount of godzilla in it.

Ireland
    What? They're doing this again?

There's only one 'King Kong'.

That said, it doesn't look too bad. Better than Jackson's thing anyway.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Ireland
    Jesus, that was awful.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Jesus, that was awful.
    LOL! So you didn't like it then?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    It was pretty terrible. I'm amazed at the good press it's getting from some quarters. It's an awful story, with insipid acting, stupid characters (John Reilly aside, but only just), nonsensical motivations, childish commentary on the Vietnam war, has largely unconvincing CGI (at one point Samuel L Jackson looks out of his flying Huey and there isn't a breath of wind) and ends up being thoroughly ludicrous in a very bad way. Give me the 1976 version, any day of the week - never thought I'd hear myself say that.

So...um...nope, I didn't like it and I actually went in quite well disposed towards it.