Thread: JCVD walks out of interview...

Administrator

England

JCVD walks out of interview...

I say, good for him! He did it in a non-rude way... He'd simply had enough of vapid media questions...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_...lines/36946104
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK

Yeah, it must get tedious sometimes with doing these press tour things, all those tedious questions being asked over and over again, and then silly fluff questions that don't have anything to do with anything ... or then you've got the likes of Channel 4 News trying to get themselves a viral video by antagonising interviewees with inappropriate questions, or asking tired old crap about stuff from decades ago that's no longer relevant (e.g. gosh, what a surprise, Robert Downey Jr didn't want to talk about his struggles with substances from years and years ago when promoting his latest Marvel movie - good on RDJ for walking out ).

I'd like to see more celebs and stars brush off boring questions and flag them up from time to time. I know there's certain questions that are always going to be asked because each programme needs to ask the same sort of things so they have the same sort of information that they can use to sell the movie/whatever to their audience, but at least try and come at it from an angle that's a little bit different or vaguely interesting.

Ireland
    Actually, when I read the title of the thread, I was expecting another Krishnan Guru-Murthy interview where he was winding up an interviewee.

Though, TBH, these stars need to get over themselves. Answer the bloody questions or don't. Walking out just makes you look like a bit of a twat. Don't do the flippin interview if you don't want to answer the same boring questions. They know what's coming up and they know the routine.

What do they expect them to ask that they haven't been asked before?

Half of them should be delighted that they get asked the same questions over and over. It means they don't have to think. If they were asked something difficult and they were unprepared, they'd probably wreck their careers.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....