Thread: Season 8 greenlit - No surprise really...

Administrator

England

Season 8 greenlit - No surprise really...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...seven-premiere

The Walking Dead has been renewed for another series, before the start of the seventh season next week.

The zombie drama, made by US TV network AMC, will be followed by The Talking Dead - a show which discusses storylines after the final credits.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    It's really into rinse/repeat territory now.

Group finds sanctuary.Group has major dramatic issues. Group takes over sanctuary through a combination of hard and soft power. Bad guys emerge. Group eliminates bad guys, but loses sanctuary. Group hits the road.

Some things are better left done on a high note. Or else the become despised. This is one of those times.

United States
    You have the option to tune out at anytime. Some viewers will tune in longer and some will give up sooner. Just because you feel it is time to call it quits does not mean that those who feel differently should have the plug pulled early.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Ireland
    Why do people keep watching shows they don't like?

There, quite literally, has never been a time when there was so much content available to look at on television.

I got fed up with 'Fear the Walking Dead', 'Ash vs Evil Dead', 'True Blood' - the solution - I stopped looking at them.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Why do people keep watching shows they don't like?

There, quite literally, has never been a time when there was so much content available to look at on television.

I got fed up with 'Fear the Walking Dead', 'Ash vs Evil Dead', 'True Blood' - the solution - I stopped looking at them.
    And what cracks me up is these idiots feel the need to talk about it and keep posting on the boards. I personally think they're full of shit and they love the show

Super Moderator

UK
    Ironically, we're now in a place where the show is changing. They're not going out on the road again - they've not lost the sanctuary of Alexandria - that's their home now. What's more, they're finding other communities - a society is beginning to emerge, not just scraps of survivors stumbling around the wilderness. Change has come for the show and for the characters.

Shoot - you gave up on AvED?! I'm loving that show. Each to their own, I guess.

I've persevered with shows in the past - I watched the entire run of Nip/Tuck, and that became a complete mess by the end ... yet I watched in hope of it improving, and out of a curious sense of completion. On the other hand I tried out Penny Dreadful, but didn't feel it the vibe of it and didn't continue. Then again, I'm still watching Westworld - but I'm right on the edge of giving up on that, but continue because it's doing the bare minimum to intrigue me (parts of it are far more interesting than other parts, and there's still that vague hope). But if I actually hated a show? I wouldn't be watching. I've hung in there with FTWD - it's just okay though - not bad enough to ditch like a turd in a toilet, but nor do I actively look forward to watching it (like, eager to see the next episode) ... my dial is kind of in the middle on that show.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 04-Nov-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Shoot - you gave up on AvED?! I'm loving that show. Each to their own, I guess.

I've persevered with shows in the past - I watched the entire run of Nip/Tuck, and that became a complete mess by the end ... yet I watched in hope of it improving, and out of a curious sense of completion. On the other hand I tried out Penny Dreadful, but didn't feel it the vibe of it and didn't continue. Then again, I'm still watching Westworld - but I'm right on the edge of giving up on that, but continue because it's doing the bare minimum to intrigue me (parts of it are far more interesting than other parts, and there's still that vague hope). But if I actually hated a show? I wouldn't be watching. I've hung in there with FTWD - it's just okay though - not bad enough to ditch like a turd in a toilet, but nor do I actively look forward to watching it (like, eager to see the next episode) ... my dial is kind of in the middle on that show.
    Yeh Mini, it's rubbish. I watched til the end of last series and I'd had by then. Just simply not enjoying it and other than Ash, there was nothing to draw me in. The jokes were telegraphed, the lines are awful (and not in a good way), the CGI gore is terrible (and completely lack the charm of the practical stuff from the films) and over all it just feels like a cheap 90's TV show, like a Xena (another show I hated). In the end there's just not enough to do in the Evil Dead universe.

TBH, I'm kinda stunned at how popular it is.

Haven't bothered with 'Westworld', largely because you and Neil are meh about it But, again, the basic story just screams "not enough to do". The film is great and I love it. But once you reach the end, you reach the end, if you know what I mean. Like 'Under the Dome' (another series I gave up on), there just isn't enough story to wrap a whole multi series show around.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Yeh Mini, it's rubbish. I watched til the end of last series and I'd had by then. Just simply not enjoying it and other than Ash, there was nothing to draw me in. The jokes were telegraphed, the lines are awful (and not in a good way), the CGI gore is terrible (and completely lack the charm of the practical stuff from the films) and over all it just feels like a cheap 90's TV show, like a Xena (another show I hated). In the end there's just not enough to do in the Evil Dead universe.

TBH, I'm kinda stunned at how popular it is.

Haven't bothered with 'Westworld', largely because you and Neil are meh about it But, again, the basic story just screams "not enough to do". The film is great and I love it. But once you reach the end, you reach the end, if you know what I mean. Like 'Under the Dome' (another series I gave up on), there just isn't enough story to wrap a whole multi series show around.
    Well, I'll disagree on AvED - I love that show. They do a shit-ton of practical effects, so the CGI stuff is fairly limited or generally mixed in quite well with the on-set stuff.

Yeah, "Westworld" does feel a bit 'stretching it all a bit thin' without actually offering up anything substantial for viewers to chew on. I'm right on the cusp of packing it in. Like I said, I'm only hanging in for one or two threads at this point, and it does the bare minimum.

"Under the Dome" - haha - oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Yeah, I gave it a whole season and packed it in afterwards. What a load of balls. Dreadfully 'networky' in its execution, too.