Thread: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 (film)

Administrator

England

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 (film)

Fingers crossed it's as fun as the first...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WhQcK-Zaok
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The original is definitely a very fun film. My favorite of Marvel's film efforts. Hopefully Gunn can have lightning strike twice...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMTntxvok1M

Looks like another fun time at the movies!

United States
    I'm sold on Baby Groot alone.
    Wow, what a trailer. Can't wait to see it, 3 years between was too long a wait.
    Next year's Marvel films gonna be tits. This, Spidey, and a Thor/Hulk buddy film?
    Hell to the yeah, please.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMTntxvok1M

Looks like another fun time at the movies!
    That was funny! I hope it's as good as it looks!

But no sign of Michael Rooker?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    That's a good sign. Remember what tipped POTC from being good to bad? In the second film, every villainous character was redeemed so that all the "fan favourites" could get together again on the same side.
    Keep him out of it, unless it's as a bad guy. He wasn't memorable in the first place.

Super Moderator

UK
    The new trailer looks groovy - very entertaining. I look forward to seeing it - initial signs are all positive for me. Hopefully there'll be a good villain, mind you ... Marvel are a bit hit-and-miss when it comes to villains.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just returned from Volume 2. If you enjoyed the first film, you should be pleased with this one.

It's not a rehash of the first film, a problem a lot of sequels feature, and Gunn seems to have known what made the first film work and amplified those things for the second film. There are definitely a lot more jokes, keeping it light-hearted and fun, but it also manages to get pretty dark without putting the audience in a negative mood. I look forward to Gunn rounding out his trilogy with these characters in Volume 3.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Just returned from Volume 2. If you enjoyed the first film, you should be pleased with this one.

It's not a rehash of the first film, a problem a lot of sequels feature, and Gunn seems to have known what made the first film work and amplified those things for the second film. There are definitely a lot more jokes, keeping it light-hearted and fun, but it also manages to get pretty dark without putting the audience in a negative mood. I look forward to Gunn rounding out his trilogy with these characters in Volume 3.
    Yep, just back too... A good romp, and a nice addition to the first! "Trash Panda!" LOL!

Heck the work to make Kurt Russell look young was impressive!
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Am I the only one on here that couldn't care less about Marvel films? I liked 'Iron Man', thought 'Ant-Man' was passable fare for its running time, saw 'Deadpool' drunk and was alright with it. But, everything else was lost on me and I could never hold the aforementioned examples as classics to be remembered in any fashion. Maybe it's because I had no attachment to Marvel growing up? Ireland wasn't exactly awash with Marvel comics. But, I reckon it's not really that. The movies, themselves, are frivolous to their detriment and utterly forgettable. None of the characters ever seem to give a shit about the situation they find themselves in and everything ends in a Joss Whedon one liner. There's no gravty to anything happening in the stories and if the people on the screen couldn't give a fuck about what's happening to them, why should I?

I only saw 'Guardians of the Galaxy' last Chrismas and I can't remember a single thing about it, other than an appallingly jarring opening leading into a muckabout comedy. I can't remember what the bad guy wanted to do. I don't know why anyone was doing anything. I don't remember what the "Guardians" were "guarding". That's not a good sign. In short, I suppose that nothing sticks in the mind and it all feels so very like a factory production. The most positive thing I can think of was I ended up liking Rocket and Groot.

I might give this a look when it's out of the cinema. But, honestly, going to the pictures for any of this stuff doesn't grab me at all.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    You have to go into GotG expecting a good time. If you're looking for The Dark Knight then you'll be disappointed. I can't express how much I love this franchise. Bravo, Jame, bravo.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 11-May-2017 at 12:25 AM. Reason: I Am Groot
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."