Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (video game)

Administrator

England
    Confused! So thought I'd dedicate a couple of hours to it last night. Went through a character creation and tutorial which ended up with me then teaming up with other people online to steal horses? Is that an online version of the game? Given I'm not interested in that, should I even be doing that?

Is that required before going into the solo game?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    no, the online aspect is totally separate from the main game. there should be an option in the main menu to switch between the story and the online mode.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    no, the online aspect is totally separate from the main game. there should be an option in the main menu to switch between the story and the online mode.
    So the 4-5hr intro everyone has talking about has nothing to do with the 2hrs or so of the online game I've gone through so far? Grrr...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So the 4-5hr intro everyone has talking about has nothing to do with the 2hrs or so of the online game I've gone through so far? Grrr...
    No.

Red Dead Online is a separate mode entirely. You need to get your butt onto the single play story mode. You'll find yourself playing as Arthur Morgan.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    No.

Red Dead Online is a separate mode entirely. You need to get your butt onto the single play story mode. You'll find yourself playing as Arthur Morgan.
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Annoying, sure - but it's worth it.

Not sure how you confused the two modes, mind.

Just thinking about it ... ... are RDR2 and RDR Online available to purchase as separate entities? I'm starting to think I saw them being sold separately on the Xbox store a while back. Have you definitely bought the full game, or have you accidentally only bought the online version (which doesn't include the single player)?

Administrator

England
    Annoying, sure - but it's worth it.

Not sure how you confused the two modes, mind.

Just thinking about it ... ... are RDR2 and RDR Online available to purchase as separate entities? I'm starting to think I saw them being sold separately on the Xbox store a while back. Have you definitely bought the full game, or have you accidentally only bought the online version (which doesn't include the single player)?
    I think I went to start a new game and it took me into "Online" by default, and I should have taken a skip option... I was just wary of skipping part of the very tutorial I was suppose to be taking
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I think I went to start a new game and it took me into "Online" by default, and I should have taken a skip option... I was just wary of skipping part of the very tutorial I was suppose to be taking
    Hmmm ... that doesn't sound right at all.

To be fair, when I started RDR2 the online component hadn't been released yet, so there was only the single player - but I'd check again, if I were you, to see whether you've accidentally bought the 'online only' version which doesn't include the single player.

There's no 'skip' option for single player as far as I'm aware, and there's certainly no 'character creation' because you play as Arthur Morgan (you can customise him during the game - clothing, weapons, hair/beard).

Administrator

England
    OK... Playing as Arthur now... Walking through snow... Riding through snow... Walking through snow...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    OK... Playing as Arthur now... Walking through snow... Riding through snow... Walking through snow...
    Right, good, you're on the right track again.

You'll find yourself for a brief spell in a snow-bound abandoned town, but then IIRC after a handful of small missions there you and your gang all move down into the main map.

There's a lot of controls and mechanics to learn (I think Rockstar made them too complex, to be honest), but you get into them eventually.

Administrator

England
    Right, good, you're on the right track again.

You'll find yourself for a brief spell in a snow-bound abandoned town, but then IIRC after a handful of small missions there you and your gang all move down into the main map.

There's a lot of controls and mechanics to learn (I think Rockstar made them too complex, to be honest), but you get into them eventually.
    It's certainly working my graphics card. Sitting at around 35-60fps on the default settings the game adopted.

I was going to upgrade a while back to a 3070, but then CV19 hit, card supplies dried up and now they are super silly expensive being like 40-50% more now
    -Carl Sagan

England
    An excellent game. Enjoy the experience
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA