Thread: The Mist (TV Series)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

The Mist (TV Series)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kya_uqiSQOY

https://youtu.be/kya_uqiSQOY

Darabont's film is one of my favorite horror films and there's no denying that he adapted King's story into truly horrifying territory for "mainstream" modern horror films, but dare I say that this looks like it has potential?

I suppose it's chances are pretty good when you consider television hitting so many highs with the horror genre in recent years(TWD, Bates Motel, Etc). Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Apr-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Added embedded video.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm ... worth a look.

Is this an 'event series' (mini-series), or are they going to try and stretch it into seasons like they attempted to do with that woeful Under The Dome tv series?

Spike - is that a cable channel like AMC, or is it more of a premium channel like HBO? I'm wondering what the content and storytelling approach will be - Under The Dome was, IIRC, on one of the major networks, and suffered from all angles as a result.

Of course, the event series coming up this summer that I'm really excited for is the return of Twin Peaks.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hmmm ... worth a look.

Is this an 'event series' (mini-series), or are they going to try and stretch it into seasons like they attempted to do with that woeful Under The Dome tv series?

Spike - is that a cable channel like AMC, or is it more of a premium channel like HBO? I'm wondering what the content and storytelling approach will be - Under The Dome was, IIRC, on one of the major networks, and suffered from all angles as a result.

Of course, the event series coming up this summer that I'm really excited for is the return of Twin Peaks.
    Spike is more similar to AMC than to HBO. But I think they censor content more than AMC. I don't think Spike would have the "guts" (pun fully intended) of playing a show with as much graphic content as TWD.

Ireland
    This won't work.

'The Mist' is a self contained short story and it operates perfectly like that. Making a TV series out it is a woeful idea.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hmmm ... worth a look.

Yes for Twin Peaks! So excited for it, but also really shocked that they don't have any REAL trailers for it...

I've also been eagerly awaiting the return of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and it's only days away now. It definitely seems as though the eighties/nineties are making a big come back....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    This won't work.

'The Mist' is a self contained short story and it operates perfectly like that. Making a TV series out it is a woeful idea.
    Going to be interesting to see how they approach it... ie: Where all the content will come from for episode after episode.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    It's 10 episodes according to IMDB.

The show will have to massively expand the story to the point where it becomes absurd, a la 'Under the Dome', if they're to make a series out of it and by doing that rob it of its structure. A stucture which greatly aids the mystery of the story.

I'm actually thinking of just not watching this at all.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 14-Apr-2017 at 01:18 PM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    To be fair, the idea of making a prequel to Psycho seemed doomed to fail. Most people didn't think there was any possible way to make Norman Bates' formative years work in a story, yet Bates Motel is fantastic.

United States
    I love "The Mist" film. I love how they had the balls to keep that brutal ending intact.

I don't see how they can make a series out of this.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."