Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson's "Thriller"

United States

Michael Jackson's "Thriller"

Anyone else like this music video with the dancing zombies? I thought it was awesome and it's probably my all-time favorite song.
    Just a zombie girl on a Saturday night. <3

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingDeadGuy View Post
    Anyone else like this music video with the dancing zombies? I thought it was awesome and it's probably my all-time favorite song.
    Plus the look of the zombies in it inspired the look of the zombies in Day of the Dead.

Administrator

England
    Vincent Price... Enough said
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I also think the part where the girl runs into the abandoned house surrounded by zombies was a reference to Barbara in Night of the Living Dead.

When you're in a horror movie you make poor choices. It's what you do.

Rising

United States
    I also think the part where the girl runs into the abandoned house surrounded by zombies was a reference to Barbara in Night of the Living Dead.

When you're in a horror movie you make poor choices. It's what you do.
    The scene where she is standing with her back against the window and the zombies start breaking through it and trying to grab her seems lifted straight out of Hell of the Living Dead.

United States
    Didn't that movie rip off Night of the Living Dead (among other movies)? Barbara and Helen were having to fight off zombies breaking through the boarded up windows too.

Rising

United States
    Didn't that movie rip off Night of the Living Dead (among other movies)? Barbara and Helen were having to fight off zombies breaking through the boarded up windows too.
    They were breaking through the door and the two women were trying to block it. They were also facing the incoming zombies and they were not caught by surprise. In Hell Lia is alone in that room, with her back against one of the windows and doesn't know what to do next with all the zombies surrounding the house, then they break the window and grab her by surprise. That scene in Jackson's video seems copied from this movie.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    They were breaking through the door and the two women were trying to block it. They were also facing the incoming zombies and they were not caught by surprise. In Hell Lia is alone in that room, with her back against one of the windows and doesn't know what to do next with all the zombies surrounding the house, then they break the window and grab her by surprise. That scene in Jackson's video seems copied from this movie.
    Well Hell of the Living Dead obviously copied that scene from Night of the Living Dead and if you think you can convince me otherwise I will have you smacked with one hundred wet noodles (or not).

Rising

United States
    Well Hell of the Living Dead obviously copied that scene from Night of the Living Dead and if you think you can convince me otherwise I will have you smacked with one hundred wet noodles (or not).
    I just described both scenes. They are not the same. Hell copied that whole scene about the doctor explaining that cadavers are coming back to life from Night, even the line of dialogue is exactly the same, but that is a different part of the movie. Bring on the noodles!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    I just described both scenes. They are not the same. Hell copied that whole scene about the doctor explaining that cadavers are coming back to life from Night, even the line of dialogue is exactly the same, but that is a different part of the movie. Bring on the noodles!
    And they copied the characters of the bickering married couple with the infected zombie kid. Whooooops!!!11!!1!

United States
    C'mon, Thriller is a classic.

Rick Baker, man.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    C'mon, Thriller is a classic.

Rick Baker, man.
    And it's kinda like a mini movie and not just your typical music video.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The combination of Jackson and Landis seems so strange if you think about it, yet they made a classic with this video.

Unfortunately, Scorcese later teamed up with Jackson for "Bad", with very different results...
    Last edited by bassman; 03-May-2017 at 09:08 PM. Reason: .

United States
    I always include thriller on my list of favorite zombie movies. Can't go wrong with zombies and Jackson, also the werewolf was pretty cool. Just one of those unique things that come around once and nobody even dares to copy.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Furiousbunny View Post
    I always include thriller on my list of favorite zombie movies. Can't go wrong with zombies and Jackson, also the werewolf was pretty cool. Just one of those unique things that come around once and nobody even dares to copy.
    Yeah I agree. It's because of this awesome music video that I can actually overlook the fact that Michael Jackson may have been a pedophile.