Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Jackson's "Thriller"

Undisclosed
    My biggest problem with Thriller was non-Horror related. One was that John Landis tried to get his music video listed as a short subject so it would get considered for an Oscar. My objection at that time was it would have made it harder for lower budgeted productions to compete. I think there were a few other things I had issue with, but ... I forget. And since the video was an homage(not rip off)to Horror, we're going to reference a lot of cool stuff. Still, like Neil said: Vincent Price. So it's all good.

United States
    I thought the funniest part of the video was when M.J. and his girlfriend were walking through the ghetto late at night after she made it obvious that the werewolf movie scared her and he's singing to her about ghouls and demons coming out to get her... and this seems to be cheering her up! XD
    Just a zombie girl on a Saturday night. <3

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Furiousbunny View Post
    I always include thriller on my list of favorite zombie movies. Can't go wrong with zombies and Jackson, also the werewolf was pretty cool. Just one of those unique things that come around once and nobody even dares to copy.

I thought it was more like a were-cat or something.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Remember when India made a rip-off of Thriller? (Or some other Asian country around that area) Pretty sure it was India though. A thing called "Golimar" or some such, which people put fake English subtitles to for humorous effect. Might have been taken down, but it was one of the first funny things on Youtube I saw, back around 06-07. So yeah, it has had imitators, but none have been able to surpass it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Remember when India made a rip-off of Thriller? (Or some other Asian country around that area) Pretty sure it was India though. A thing called "Golimar" or some such, which people put fake English subtitles to for humorous effect. Might have been taken down, but it was one of the first funny things on Youtube I saw, back around 06-07. So yeah, it has had imitators, but none have been able to surpass it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKcevMFUCo
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan