Thread: Alien: Covenant (film)

Administrator

England

Alien: Covenant (film)

Is there a good "Alien" film at long last?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svnAD0TApb8
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Early reactions point toward another Prometheus.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Early reactions point toward another Prometheus.
    Nooooooooooo!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Seems to be getting mixed reviews. Some people are digging it, others hating it, but I've also seen a lot of reviews/articles talking about moving away from Prometheus (I really liked Prometheus, but whatever...)

I've not had a chance to see it yet. Not sure if I will before it leaves cinemas. If not then it'll be a Blu-Ray purchase for me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Saw it yesterday.

It wasn't as crap as Prometheus but it certainly wasn't good. It continues several missteps made by Prometheus, the biggest being biting off way more than it can chew. Also, for god knows what reason, it decides to introduce yet another crew rather than let us continue with the previous one. It also throws way too many curveballs at the audience, negating any chance to let any one particular plot point settle in.

In many ways it feels like a stupid compromise all around.

But overall, for anyone who's curious, it's probably worth a visit to the cinema. Though had I known before hand how uninteresting Ridley Scott must have been in making this film I'd probably have just waited for the BluRay.

And as a final note, it is most definetly an ALIEN PREQUEL rather than a PROMETHEUS SEQUEL.

Administrator

England
    Average affair!

So many characters once again happily wondering off alone and/or not making obvious choices to remain breathing...
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I think I'm going to give this a miss.

'Prometheus' has already fucked up the Alien universe enough and I'd rather not have any more below average/crap films wrecking a great series (1 - 3). I think, like Star Wars, Alien will be a much better experience when viewed without the prequels interfering with the story.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    i thoroughly enjoyed the first couple of films, was pretty "meh" on the third, and gave the first AVP a spin but that pretty much killed it for me.

reviews haven't been kind to these last few entries, so no point in even bothering i figure.

this gave me one hell of a chuckle though, and this seemed like a good place to share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyHLYetbt8