Thread: Arizona Sunshine (video game) - VR zombie shooter

Administrator

England

Arizona Sunshine (video game) - VR zombie shooter

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    The shooting looks good, but I still don't like this 'teleport' movement thing that you have in VR ... not that I've ever been able to try out a VR game myself, but I don't really like the look of that 'jump around' form of movement. Not really fussed about VR in general, but it looks like a good game if you were into that kind of gaming ... the sniping looks a bit weird, mind.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The shooting looks good, but I still don't like this 'teleport' movement thing that you have in VR ... not that I've ever been able to try out a VR game myself, but I don't really like the look of that 'jump around' form of movement. Not really fussed about VR in general, but it looks like a good game if you were into that kind of gaming ... the sniping looks a bit weird, mind.
    I suspect if you were to press buttons to move/walk forwards it might create motion sickness?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I suspect if you were to press buttons to move/walk forwards it might create motion sickness?
    Mmm ... he seemed to suggest that in his view ... but it still seems a bit weird to me, and there's that kind of 'wobble' with the VR video that's always looked a bit quease-inducing from an outside perspective (or maybe it's like the difference between driving a car and being a passenger in one?)

When they can plug a game straight into your head and give you all the sensations of real life injected into your brain, a la The Matrix, I'll hop on board.

Administrator

England
    Mmm ... he seemed to suggest that in his view ... but it still seems a bit weird to me, and there's that kind of 'wobble' with the VR video that's always looked a bit quease-inducing from an outside perspective (or maybe it's like the difference between driving a car and being a passenger in one?)

When they can plug a game straight into your head and give you all the sensations of real life injected into your brain, a la The Matrix, I'll hop on board.
    Have you tried VR yet? I have to admit it's more impressive that I thought it would be!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Have you tried VR yet? I have to admit it's more impressive that I thought it would be!
    Nope. Haven't had the opportunity, but I've not seen many games that'd make me all that interested either.

Administrator

England
    Nope. Haven't had the opportunity, but I've not seen many games that'd make me all that interested either.
    It is very impressive. All that puts me off is:-
    - The cost.
    - The space you need, even if just standing (I've got a tiny study).
    - The fact you can't see the real world. ie: You just want to type in the keyboard.
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Did you try it with Elite?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    It is very impressive. All that puts me off is:-
    - The cost.
    - The space you need, even if just standing (I've got a tiny study).
    - The fact you can't see the real world. ie: You just want to type in the keyboard.
    Remember when MS announced that Xbox Kinect bollocks and all that 'room scanning' tech - demonstrated in a large space with practically sod-all furniture in it.

Administrator

England
    BTW - I bought this - my first purchased VR game - last week as it was on offer. It's a pretty generic zombie shooter and even though it's a fairly short campaign, and has some issues with some mechanics, it's still damn good fun. It has a horde mode and a multiplayer aspect which I'll now look into.

It's done pretty well so I expect we'll see a bigger/better sequel.
    -Carl Sagan