Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead: Bloodline (film)

Just been bitten

Scotland

Day of the Dead: Bloodline (film)

Imagine you owned the rights to Day of the Dead and you were given some cash to remake it. You would go straight to the original script and get that thing on to the screen. Any sane fan of the genre and of the original would.

There has been two previous attempts to cash in on Day of the Dead and both movies were beyond shite. Surely a third attempt would see the original script being done in modern times. NOPE.

DOTD2017_.jpg

Before you click the link to UH-M and BD, please ensure you have nothing close to hand that you could gouge your eyes out with when you read this shit and see the pictures. Bub is now called Max and the chunter is a flippin' half human, half zombie hell bent on destroying the lead of Zoe Parker... yeah, you remember her from the original. Then you have Rhodes, Steele, Rickles and the gang.... oh no we don't! What we do have is a ragtag group of military and survivalists the all wear woodland camo uniforms that were phased out in the 2000s?.. Not a bit of UCP in all it variants in sight, just good ol' woodland camo. Maybe they're all survivalists and SDF. The reality is just a cheap as fuck wardrobe provision probably.

Read on and know despair. I fear I will never see the original script on screen before I shuffle off this mortal coil...

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movie/day-dead

Some more news to whet your appetites...

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tag/day-of-the-dead/

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMoonMonkey View Post
    Bub is now called Max and the chunter is a flippin' half human, half zombie hell bent on destroying the lead of Zoe Parker...
    LOL! What a bunch of amateurs. There can be no such thing in Romero's original Zombie Universe. You have to die to become a zombie. These are not vampires, where you can have "half-vampires". There is no "middle ground" between the living (i.e. humans) and zombies (i.e. the reanimated dead), so "half-human half-zombie" is a contradiction to the very concept of a Romero zombie.

Administrator

England
    What the hell!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    As if the insta-rot ceiling-crawlers of that pile of turds from 2008 (and whatever 'Craptagium' was) wasn't bad enough!!!

Would there be a rights issue with the original script that Romero wrote? Perhaps they can't afford it, so they just opt for a basic (and terrible) remake?

Looks like total dreck.

Ireland
    I just puked.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    LOL! What a bunch of amateurs. There can be no such thing in Romero's original Zombie Universe. You have to die to become a zombie. These are not vampires, where you can have "half-vampires". There is no "middle ground" between the living (i.e. humans) and zombies (i.e. the reanimated dead), so "half-human half-zombie" is a contradiction to the very concept of a Romero zombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What the hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    As if the insta-rot ceiling-crawlers of that pile of turds from 2008 (and whatever 'Craptagium' was) wasn't bad enough!!!

Would there be a rights issue with the original script that Romero wrote? Perhaps they can't afford it, so they just opt for a basic (and terrible) remake?

Looks like total dreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I just puked.
    I am sorry that I had to bring this sack of wank before you guys. I.. I just couldn't take this news alone.

To think the arsehole involved in the 2008 version had learned by her mistake and came out with this quote, "We want to keep it as close to the Romero version as possible to make sure that his fans are happy. These are not going to be zombies climbing walls and doing back flips like in World War Z."
    I took that to mean no raptor zombies and a proper remake... Clearly I know fuck all about what you and I as fans of the film want to see. Half human/half zombies... Could anyone with an ounce of respect for the fans of the original and for Romero have come up with that disaster of an idea. She was probably the daft bastard that came up with the idea of vegetarian zombie in the 2008 blasphemy.

Super Moderator

UK
    I am sorry that I had to bring this sack of wank before you guys. I.. I just couldn't take this news alone.
    How vivid. ... ... the images in my head now ... geez.

To think the arsehole involved in the 2008 version had learned by her mistake and came out with this quote, "We want to keep it as close to the Romero version as possible to make sure that his fans are happy. These are not going to be zombies climbing walls and doing back flips like in World War Z."
    I took that to mean no raptor zombies and a proper remake... Clearly I know fuck all about what you and I as fans of the film want to see. Half human/half zombies... Could anyone with an ounce of respect for the fans of the original and for Romero have come up with that disaster of an idea. She was probably the daft bastard that came up with the idea of vegetarian zombie in the 2008 blasphemy.
    That Taurus crowd or whoever the fudge they are? Ugh. "Climbing walls and doing back flips like in World War Z" ... they must've forgotten about the ceiling crawlers. Aside from being an utterly horrendous idea, it physically made no sense - how would they grip/stick to the surface, and how would the surface (typical light weight ceiling tiles) allow for the weight of a human body to hang from it?!

"As close to the Romero version as possible"? And then goes on to churn out this fetid turd smeared with slimy diseases?! There are no words...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmoonmonkey View Post
    i am sorry that i had to bring this sack of wank before you guys. I.. I just couldn't take this news alone.

To think the arsehole involved in the 2008 version had learned by her mistake and came out with this quote, "we want to keep it as close to the romero version as possible to make sure that his fans are happy. These are not going to be zombies climbing walls and doing back flips like in world war z."
    i took that to mean no raptor zombies and a proper remake... Clearly i know fuck all about what you and i as fans of the film want to see. Half human/half zombies... Could anyone with an ounce of respect for the fans of the original and for romero have come up with that disaster of an idea. She was probably the daft bastard that came up with the idea of vegetarian zombie in the 2008 blasphemy.
    lol!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    IMDb has an entry for the movie. By looking at the character list, it seems like the only character that was actually incorporated from Romero's Day (either in the original script or the one that was actually filmed) is Miguel Salazar:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3053228/...=tt_cl_sm#cast

Yet Romero is absurdly given credit for the characters!

Curiously, it seems like Miguel has a surviving relative on this one ("Baca Salazar") I wonder if he is also going to be "yellow" like his more (in)famous relative and teased & bullied constantly by the other soldiers? But I am not holding my breath. So far by judging how they seem to have butchered this attempt at a "remake" by discarding almost all characters from Romero's scripts, and by making "Bub" be called "Max" and be a "half-human, half-zombie" (WTF!?!?!), I would not be surprised if Miguel is a fearless hero from the very beginning in this one, totally different than his original counterpart.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    So far by judging how they seem to have butchered this attempt at a "remake" by discarding almost all characters from Romero's scripts, and by making "Bub" be called "Max" and be a "half-human, half-zombie" (WTF!?!?!), I would not be surprised if Miguel is a fearless hero from the very beginning in this one, totally different than his original counterpart.
    And their Rhodes stand-in will be a cuddly teddy bear, and their version of Steele will be lugging around a swear jar. I wouldn't put it past them.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And their Rhodes stand-in will be a cuddly teddy bear, and their version of Steele will be lugging around a swear jar. I wouldn't put it past them.
    And the Rickles substitute is a super-sensitive ex-housewife who lectures others about the fact that flippin' the bird at zombies or making cavemen big penis jokes is not polite or appropriate behavior. And the McDermott substitute is a fervent advocate of 1920s prohibition who hands invitations to AA meetings to all those poor souls who have a problem with the bottle.

Just been bitten

Scotland
    I think to watch this movie would be the equivalent of self-harming. It really makes you wonder what goes through the heads of some people.
    Even if they didn't have a budget to make the original script, surely to fuck they could have just pinched off a scene for scene remake similar to what Savini did with Night90 and cash in it that way. Do the same story but throw in a few more background scientists and soldiers for a big slaughter-fest at the end and they'd have won a watch. Get a few external scenes in it to switch the focus and the zombie fan new and old might have enjoyed it as something different. This looks like military you see on those SYFY channel crap-fests with shite 1990s British Army surplus store uniforms. GNNNNF.
    Last edited by MagicMoonMonkey; 17-Sep-2017 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo

Administrator

England
    I think it will be as loyal to the original in content and quality as this was - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2645670/
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Nope.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    JDP - it'll be a big happy clappy sing-song around the campfire with feelgood motivational speeches about inclusivity and the perils of sexting. Max will probably end up having parents, one human and one zombie, and he'll have an identity crisis about which side to be loyal to.

Christ, if they're reading this thread we're probably giving them ideas for a sequel to their piss-poor excuse for a 'remake'. All the other terrible remakes are gathering around like gibbering ghouls, pouring pig blood into a bucket in preparation.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 17-Sep-2017 at 04:25 PM.