Thread: Night of the Living Dead: Rebirth (film)

Administrator

England

Night of the Living Dead: Rebirth (film)

So far it's a hmmm from me... But we'll see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVEf3X_2Vaw
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    FFS, how many shitty ass remakes, reboots, and ripoffs of NOTLD do we really need? How many does this make now, half a dozen, more?

BTW, Here's an older teaser for this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjs34TCyIXo

Is "Barbara" a guy or what the hell? I bet this is going to be dreadful.

Edit:
    Here's seems to be another 9 minute clip.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCpaGxhTC6g
    Last edited by beat_truck; 29-Nov-2017 at 05:58 AM. Reason: added something

Super Moderator

UK
    I can't even bring myself to watch the promo clip, that trailer is a Picard meme moment.

Is this supposed to be set in the 60s or the present day? Old ass radio near a modern microwave. Maybe they tell us in the promo, but like I said, that trailer was such a turn off I don't fancy spending nine minutes on a promo. Like you say, beat, how many crappy remakes of Romero's landmark do we need? Ugh...

United States
    They gender swapped Barbara lol.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Norway
    Why?

If you got the budget and the actors why not just MAKE YOUR OWN ZOMBIE STORY?
    Your movie will never be as groundbreaking as Night of the living dead anyway so quit it! Just quit! And the flaws of the original is what makes it so iconic! If you fix it by making Barbera brave or Cooper less ambiguously evil or Ben survive then you are not making the same movie at all! You are making the type of movie night of the living dead broke away from. You could just add an gangster who starts out evil but turns good in the end and an old grizzled warrior having to protect a small innocent child who just happen to have the cure so you have every cliche in the book!

Super Moderator

UK
    The Barbara thing seems kind of silly anyway, as if it's a mere gimmick to 'play well' on Twitter - why so silly? Because in the 1990 remake Barbara was a very different character entirely, she got on with the job at hand, spat on the petty squabbles inside the house, used her brain, knew what was going on, and survived - and that was 27 years ago.

We had the Barbara of the 60s, and we had the Barbara of the 90s. It was all said and done with those two representations. 'Nuff said, surely?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Dec-2017 at 04:42 PM.