Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer for RZ's Halloween (finally!)

United States

Trailer for RZ's Halloween (finally!)

Rob Zombie's Halloween Trailer

I like the way it looks. Seems to have a very gritty feel to it.

That being said, I don't think anyone can replace Donald Pleasance as Dr. Loomis, but man, the rest of the flick looks like it's gonna be good.

I hope he doesn't drop the ball.. *fingers crossed*

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The trailer looks good. Lets just hope he keep the momentum going.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    cannot.****ing.wait. :head shakes with increasing twitchieness till it exploes with excitement smiely:

...y'know im sure there is one of those around ,this forum could use one.

capncnut
    I posted this earlier today. Aye looks grand.

Yeah f**k the haters, I'm hearing all sorts of things. Like a real fairytale childhood gone wrong <music box playing out of tune> and a real reason for the hatred inside Myers. It's hard what to believe but I bet your bottom dollar that Zombie has got all the bases covered. Allegedly the first half of the movie is about Myers childhood alone. That excites me. And the supporting cast looks meaty, bring it on.

Here's the new trailer if you haven't seen it.

Yeah, I though McDowell looked nicely in place as Loomis there. And some of that incest-play with Myers (when he was touching his sister's/aunt's thigh) looked well disturbing. Maybe this time, well get to know why he's such a psychotic bastard, why he doesn't say anything, and hopefully why he doesn't run after his victims.

I bet the other classmates never picked him on Sports Day.
    Last edited by capncnut; 08-Apr-2007 at 12:37 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I posted this earlier today. Aye looks grand.
    d'oh!

Sorry 'bout that chief.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just watched it a second time and I can honestly say I am super psyched for this film. August 31st can't come quick enough.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    You knows it Deej.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    why isnt it actually being released on halloween though?, surely zombie would strive to get it out on that date

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This movie comes out on my birthday.

The trailer didn't impress me very much. The lighting in certain outdoors shots was way too well done. That was a great thing about the original Halloween. It felt like you were really there; the street was dark and eerie when people were walking/running down it. In this trailer, it looks like the street is being lit up by a zillion lights. Lame.

I didn't really think anything else was badly done... but nothing really impressed me very much. I still have faith in it, though, just not as much as I did.

Super Moderator

UK
    Now, one thing that kinda bothers me - you can see his eyes.

I know there's talk about his eyes, but it was best left unseen like in the original I think. Pure Evil, to me, shouldn't have human eyes - so just the black holes where eyes should be, in the mask, was a better feeling.

So I'm iffy about being able to see his eyes...hoepfully RZ has got 'the right eyes for the job' in there, but after recent Halloween flicks where you could see his eyes ... hmmm.

That's my singular grievance thus far...

United States
    Halloween is one of those movies that was so good, it's near impossible for the remake to top it. Still if the remake manages to stay in theaters until October it will make a lot of money.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    I think the eyes thing is probably very intentional. Rob said that he wanted to bring you more into Michael himself, what made him become what he was, his thoughts, his motivations. The fact that at one point in time he was actually human (or 'normal' - however you want to put it).

Perhaps that is when he first puts on the mask, giving you a last glimpse of what he was, and what he's to become all in one shot - I dunno... All I can say is, I'm freakin' psyched.

I'm not sure that anyone could ever remake Halloween better than the original either, but I do see this as a film that could sit next to the original as a remake that actually didn't suck for once.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 08-Apr-2007 at 03:44 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm...nice thoughts about the eyes thing...hopefully it is just to begin with, I like the idea of that being the last shred of anything remotely human about the character.

Aye, RZ will no doubt have solid reasons for the whole thing, TDR certainly showed that (especially in the lengthy-ass documentary where RZ laid out solid reasoning for absolutely everything).

A remake I'm actually looking forward to. *gasps*

United States
    That's what came to mind when I saw the trailer - he starts to pull the mask on, then it shows him with it on (looking almost at ease) and glancing around. That looks like the transitional point.

Hey, I'm just tryin' to be optimistic here.. We know RZ knows his way around 70's horror, I just hope he can get the character thing right. We'll see.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Perhaps that is when he first puts on the mask, giving you a last glimpse of what he was, and what he's to become all in one shot - I dunno... All I can say is, I'm freakin' psyched.

Hey, I'm just tryin' to be optimistic here... We know RZ knows his way around 70's horror, I just hope he can get the character thing right. We'll see.
    I don't think we got anything to worry about.