Thread: So HL ep2 + TF2 + Portal : Monday!!!

Administrator

England

So HL ep2 + TF2 + Portal : Monday!!!

Anyone signing up for this?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Eh?! That's coming out on Monday?!

I'd almost entirely forgotten about it to be honest, what with Valve dragging their butts because of the console versions (i.e. PC version getting set back and fudged over with the way it's to be sold).

Apparently the PS3 version has to wait even longer.

Undisclosed
    Gah Half life only kept me because of Ravenholm and Portal does not appeal except on the "oh well its only 3.50 how bad can it be?" sort of scale and I was going to buy the package for tf2 but since I downloaded the quake wars demo bah, tf is now cheesy and cheap.
    Last edited by CornishCorpse; 17-Sep-2007 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Why arent you laughing?

United Kingdom
    I might just buy Portal when it's out, looks very interesting.

PS. Is anyone else having trouble with Steam since the latest update?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I might just buy Portal when it's out, looks very interesting.

PS. Is anyone else having trouble with Steam since the latest update?
    Out of the blue the other day I had to relogon etc...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I tried playing HL2 again recently, but couldn't because it needed my login info, which I can't tell it, because that computer isn't connected to the internet and I'd have to drag it freaking downstairs all over again to fiddle that one damn thing!

I downloaded Episode One, probably try and do the same with Two...and yes, Ep One did work as a download.

But I duno why Steam went and forgot my info, freaking bastard piece of crap. Now I can't play HL2. I severely object to Steam and HAVING to have your gaming rig online to get it installed. Was easy-as-pie back at Uni when I got HL2, because we were all wired through routers and it was merely a case of moving the wire about a foot from my laptop to my desktop, but now it's a complete hassle - upstairs, other side of the house. *sigh*

If only there was a crack for Steam so you could play offline without it needing your info, I simply can't be arsed to drag that entire rig downstairs just to login to Steam.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I tried playing HL2 again recently, but couldn't because it needed my login info, which I can't tell it, because that computer isn't connected to the internet and I'd have to drag it freaking downstairs all over again to fiddle that one damn thing!

I downloaded Episode One, probably try and do the same with Two...and yes, Ep One did work as a download.

But I duno why Steam went and forgot my info, freaking bastard piece of crap. Now I can't play HL2. I severely object to Steam and HAVING to have your gaming rig online to get it installed. Was easy-as-pie back at Uni when I got HL2, because we were all wired through routers and it was merely a case of moving the wire about a foot from my laptop to my desktop, but now it's a complete hassle - upstairs, other side of the house. *sigh*

If only there was a crack for Steam so you could play offline without it needing your info, I simply can't be arsed to drag that entire rig downstairs just to login to Steam.
    Unfortunately it's completely understandable given how rife pirating (torrenting) is!
    -Carl Sagan

United Kingdom
    Well since the latest update all my Source games will not load up for not being able to 'read' some memory or something. And Red Orchestra will not load due to a Runtime Error, which a lot of people are getting... It's annoying 'cause I'd downloaded the Portal Gun mod for GMod and wanted to try it out.