Thread: Max Brooks books

Undisclosed

Max Brooks books

This was probably covered but I have been away from the forum for a couple of years now. I read Zombie Survival Guide and am almost done with World War Z. I talked to a guy at my local comic shop and he said there are comics coming out but he didn't know of anymore books. I like the stories in WWZ and at the end of ZSG. I like the idea of outbreaks in different times in history and regions. Most movies just stay in the present. Just wondering if Max Brooks is involved with any movies coming out. James
    "I want to be apple pie and baseball but when people look at me they see nachos and a cock-fight"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Max Brooks' own World War Z has been in production for quite some time now.

I believe it just had a script rewrite, but the director is Marc Forster(Monster's Ball, Stay, Quantum of Solace).

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ht=world+movie
    Last edited by bassman; 12-Aug-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Undisclosed
    Thanks, I was just reading other threads about it. There is a lot of info here to take in. I might be here all day trying to catch up.
    "I want to be apple pie and baseball but when people look at me they see nachos and a cock-fight"

Undisclosed
    WWZ was riveting from start to finish. I bought the audio cd and it was quite good, although I wish an unabridged version was out there.
    I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful and rich an expression of life as growth~
    Henry Miller

Canada
    I thought that Mark Hamil was particularly good as Todd Waino. Everyone else was stellar also, but Mark just stands out to me in the Audio book reading.

Undisclosed
    Yes, Mark was very good. I think the entire cast nailed their roles.
    I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful and rich an expression of life as growth~
    Henry Miller