Thread: Descendents (AKA Solos). New zombie movie (trailer)

Undisclosed

Descendents (AKA Solos). New zombie movie (trailer)

From Twitch:

We first posted word of Jorge Olguin’s Chilean zombie picture Descendents (AKA Solos) in late December and we are now proud to present an exclusive look at the very first teaser for the very first zombie picture ever to come from the South American nation. There’s an interesting story behind this one ... Olguin was originally supposed to make his English language debut with an adaptation of the popular Clock Tower video games, a project that seems lost in development hell, and ended up moving from that project to a generously budgeted (by South American standards) fantasy picture titled Caleuche which features Guillermo Del Toro as a producer. Though Caleuche is now shot and in post, Olguin had to play the waiting game before starting it as his lead actress was not immediately available and so he very quickly put together financing for and shot Descendents. Though very much a zombie survival picture - and one revolving around young children, which ramps the tension up rather a lot - the zombies aren’t actually the primary villains here, that honor going to roving military death squads, a very definite a deliberate jab at his country’s past.

Trailer

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/an-e...bie-film-desc/

England
    Looks interesting...

I'll give it a go when it comes over here.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

Norway
    Looks great!

Super Moderator

United States
    Looks like it has real potential

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Hmmmm, looks pretty tasty.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Not sure if we've ever had a zombie film with kids in the lead... Could make it very painful watching...!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Movies involving children have always been a bit of a disappointment for me...that is not to say that some don't surprise...sixth sense, and that Nichole Kidman movie...but a gory z flick...I am just going to reserve judgment till I see it.

However the plot sounds good...

United States
    It sounds like a promising film, hope it's not a letdown
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Undisclosed
    Sounds interesting. And if the kids are of the calibre of City of God and not annoying child actors it could be brilliant. I like the death squad angle as well.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Looks okay.

United States
    It has a lot of potential, but it might be a little disturbing watching little kids get injured/killed/eaten.
    Where are you going to be and what are you going to do when the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse comes to be?