Thread: Resident Evil 5 Producer Jun Takeuchi Not Involved With Resident Evil 6

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Resident Evil 5 Producer Jun Takeuchi Not Involved With Resident Evil 6

And this is a bad thing how?

And what the hell does he mean "who gets stuck with the next RE" !?!

WTF?

No wonder the series has gone to shit. When you have people on it who don't really want to be there what more can you expect?

As a matter of fact that's exactly how RE 5 felt. It felt like just going through the motions.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...nt-Evil-6.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i dont know why this is making the rounds again, they announced shortly after 5's initial poor sales this news along with the news of 6 being a series revamp.

I assume it was just a rumour then, given how long its been but still. Couldnt care less, the next games a brand new resident evil game, not an engine update and reskin so there gonna need a major shakeup.

United States
    I just finished RE 5 on PC. I was very ho-hum on it. Contrived settings, tired plot, ridiculous boss fights, and a very poor console -> PC port. I am not a console person so maybe that is just how it is, but the gameplay mechanics really just irritated me. The stupid cinematic button mashing got really old.

And to add insult to injury, I paid $50 for it and now it's on steam for $13.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I just finished RE 5 on PC. I was very ho-hum on it. Contrived settings, tired plot, ridiculous boss fights, and a very poor console -> PC port. I am not a console person so maybe that is just how it is, but the gameplay mechanics really just irritated me. The stupid cinematic button mashing got really old.

And to add insult to injury, I paid $50 for it and now it's on steam for $13.

I agree the series needs a revamp but wasn't that what RE 4 was?

I'm still strugling to explain how they went from one of the greatest games of all time in RE4, to screwing up part 5 so badly.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"