Thread: the horde...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

the horde...

yes...i used the search function and didn't find anything on this film (not that i looked very hard).

anyway, i recently watched this in a spate of saturday boredom and i was rather surprised that it wasn't a complete and total piece of shit. i was expecting an amateurish, home digital video camera level movie but was pleasantly surprised that it was a proper film. to be honest, i thought it was one of the better zombie films that i've seen in a good bit.
    Last edited by Mike70; 18-Jul-2011 at 01:16 AM. Reason: spelling
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Yeah man, it was pretty decent. There is another French film, "Mutants" Which is worth checking out.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    Yeah, I've had it queued for a while, but still haven't gotten around to giving it a chance. Good to know people keep saying fairly decent things about it.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Scotland
    yeah i saw a scene for this in some site (cant remember what site though), it is actually Freakin Awesome in my opinion! lmao. ive never seen this good of a film without actually knowing about it in advance due to adverts and stuff. .
    If You Believe In Something, It Will Exist. For As Long As You Live, Or Die, You Will Always Be Controlled By Beliefs And Compulsions. Mortal.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Also been in my queue for quite some time. Just haven't had the chance/mood to give it a shot. I've heard good things, though.

United States
    I thought it was pretty dumb, actually. Typical running zombies that scream like jungle cats.

Undisclosed
    Yeah, really dumb action - zombie film. I enjoyed it though, pacing is good at least. The film is all kicks and no brains. Nothing wrong with that. A pity they didn't go all out like Lamberto Bava did in his Demons. This film reminded me of that one a bit, minus the hard rock songs and the humour. Of all the latest zombie films I've seen it's way better than the dreadful "Eaters' but not as good as the great [REC] films.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Started watching this one last nite and fell asleep. Not sure if I will finish it. I also watched the original UK Amicus version of Tales from the Crypt, which was alot of fun.

United States
    Enjoyed La Horde. I would place the movie somewhere between Romero's first three films (on the enjoyable, high end), and Land & Survival (on the extremely low crappy end).

Have to admit that La Horde had like a zillion extras playing zombies. Amazed that nobody was hurt (for real) filming that scene when what's his face was standing on the car roof with his machete and all those zombies were pressing in on him.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 13-Aug-2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: sp

Undisclosed
    It did have the problem of roaring zombies but I liked the movie. It is one of the better more recent zombie movies IMO.