Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blu Ray and DVD Release

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Blu Ray and DVD Release

AMC has teamed up with Anchor Bay Entertainment for the US BR/DVD release of The Walking Dead.

“We’re pleased to be working on ‘The Walking Dead’ series with the team at AMC,” Clark said. “We have some unique plans for the release and can’t wait to put them into motion. We’re lucky to have such talented and committed partners at the network.”

“Anchor Bay is the leading distributor for the horror genre, and we could not have a better partner as we expand into this lucrative new market,” Wiseman said. “‘The Walking Dead’ is an epic, edge-of-your-seat drama and we are excited to extend its life into the retail marketplace.”

“Anchor Bay is the perfect home for ‘The Walking Dead,’” added Kevin Kasha, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Acquisitions and Co-Productions of Anchor Bay Films. “Over the years, the Anchor Bay Entertainment brand has become synonymous with the horror genre and this series is horror at its absolute best.”
    Seems appropriate, doesn't it?

Hopefully we'll get an estimated release date soon enough.
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Dec-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: .

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was imagining they'd have a rush release for the holidays, followed by a proper release in the late spring/early summer. I'd probably buy both.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    With three weeks until the holidays, it's likely we won't get anything. It's possible they could announce it in the next few days, but don't they usually announce these releases several months in advance?

I would be ecstatic if we get it before Christmas but that seems out of reach at this point. Hopefully i'm wrong.
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Dec-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: .

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i thought anchor bay got absorbed about a year ago....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A few years ago Anchor Bay was purchased by Starz. Starz was going to start releasing their products under "Starz Home Entertainment"(I think this may be how my Dawn and Day Blu Ray's are listed?), but later brought back the familiar "Anchor Bay Entertainment" title. New owners....same company.
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Dec-2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: .

Banned User

Aaland
    Do you think it may have extra stuff(scene's and gore) that was cut out of the series? It would be awesome to include deleted scene's

England
    I doubt they've cut any gore...doesn't get more gruesome than dismembering bodies for camoflague purposes and sinking fire axes into zombies skulls.

Extra scenes, extensive commentaries and a few documentaries would be sweet though
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What Legion said. We've seen a few interviews where they said they expected most of the gore to be cut back until the dvd, but surprisingly the censors let it all through. Might get a few things, but I'm not expecting much.

I just hope for some good making-of docs and good commentaries.

Banned User

Aaland
    I'm ok with the gore, it has enough for me without being over the top ridiculous, but it would be sweet if they had more deleted acting scene's put back in. Anything to show characterization and extend the story line would be awesome

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    According the Hollywood Reporter, Season One will be on Blu Ray and DVD this Spring.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Normally with any TV show the DVD/BR doesn't come out til at least a month before the next season 1st episode airs. All networks do it like this it helps create sales and viewership. So if S2 is October 2011, expect the DVD/BR in September, maybe mid august
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    True, DJ. But most shows don't have a six episode season. This one may be different from most as far as dvd release....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    True, DJ. But most shows don't have a six episode season. This one may be different from most as far as dvd release....
    I wouldn't get my hopes up... I just look at th epatterns and I don't see AMC changing this... even with Anchor Bay on board or if they do an early release I bet a second uber awesome release will come just before S2
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No doubt. I imagine things will remain as they always have. But you can't hate a guy for hoping, right?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    No doubt. I imagine things will remain as they always have. But you can't hate a guy for hoping, right?
    Hell no, shit the earlier the better, as long as it is packed with some features... one of them being a Darabont Commentary for the first Episode
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!