Thread: Gamers who need a clue

United States

Gamers who need a clue

I came across this report on Gamespot and CVG.com. This is another reason why I think gamers as a whole get the bad reputation as having slightly skewed sense of reality and wrong priorities. I wonder if Metal Gear Solid fans would feel the same if Konami announced that their biggest franchise would go multiplatform. Will people actually stop buying Metal Gear Solid games just because it's not a Sony exclusive anymore?

Capcom responds to fans' rage - Gamespot

Fanboy petition insights Capcom response - CVG.com (it should say incite)
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

capncnut
    The full petition, available on the Petition Online Web site, reads, "To: Capcom, We (The people that have signed this petition) feel very left out in your decision to make Devil May Cry 4 a Multi-Platform title, and hereby agree to boycott your sale of Capcom affiliated games. This is due to your decision to turn your back on your most faithful gaming company. For years we have enjoyed games, we have reaped the benefits of your committment [sic] to Sony. We find it absolutely demoralizing for not only the gamers, but also Sony itself. We want you to know that will not, and should not stand for your actions, and therefore withold [sic] our option of buying your product."
    Whoever started that petition seriously needs to get a life. F**king cry babies!

Undisclosed
    What a bunch of dumbasses. Do they realize that the game is still coming out for their favorite system? Who gives a f#ck if it is coming out on both the PS3 and 369.

United States
    Life for those guys is one big sausage party
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    coma my man, i was about to post the exact same thing, *virtual five*

seriously, its still coming out on the ps3, they bitched like hell when the 4th resi game debuet only on the cube at first adn bitched and bitched till ti got a ps2 release, but once the shoes on the other foot they dont like it.

morons.

capncnut
    Capcom's response was classic, something along the lines of: "We're flattered that the P$3 fans are taking such extreme lengths to protect their console but at the end of the day, the Wii and 360 are burning $ony's ass and we ain't gonna make s**t if we make it exclusive to them. Sorry..."
    Last edited by capncnut; 28-Mar-2007 at 09:45 AM.

Undisclosed
    "The petition had, as of press time, received a total of more than 7,500 signatures. Though with samples including, "This petition is retarded," "This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen," and "I got a big ****," it's hard to gauge how accurate a judge of outrage it is."

CapnKnut, that was classis

capncnut
    LOL but seriously what good is a petition gonna do? I think the $onies should just deal with it and move on. We got VF5, we got Devil May Cry 4 and soon we'll have Metal Gear 4, thank you very much! (Best Andy Kaufman voice)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah, considering metal gear 1 was on the cube and 2 was on the xbox i think thats definatley gonna be multiformat.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    yeah, considering metal gear 1 was on the cube and 2 was on the xbox i think thats definatley gonna be multiformat.
    I didn't know they ported MGS to the Gamecube. Were the graphics updated at all?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    really?, uhh, yeah metal gear solid: the twin snakes was totally remade with sons of liberty level graphics adn loads of extras, there was even a foxhound gamecube release, it was big news on the gameing site for like 6 months in like 2005.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I didn't know they ported MGS to the Gamecube. Were the graphics updated at all?
    Yeah they were, a lot of Snakeheads prefer the Gamecube version over the original.