Thread: Question on L4D1 Update and achievement progress reset

Super Moderator

United States

Question Question on L4D1 Update and achievement progress reset

I had heard the new update for the original Left 4 Dead reset the progress on any unfulfilled achievements. Can anyone confirm this? I did a quick google, but didn't see anything official.

I still have the Zombie Genocide(st?) I wanted to knock out for that game and I'm trying to confirm there is a problem that effects the 360 version and, if so, whether it will be corrected in a future update.

Anybody have any info? I looked in recent posts in this, but missed it if it had already been discussed.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 12-Oct-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Because Han shot first!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sorry buddy, I downlaoded it for left 4 dead 2. Don't you have that one as well?

If so you can avoid the whole this and download the sequel add ons instead. It's a better deal imo, being that you get all the left 4 dead 2 perks like the defib unit, melee, adrenaline, etc.

Plus No mercy is upgraded as well. Much harder and much more fun.

Last edited by darth los; 12-Oct-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Sorry buddy, I downlaoded it for left 4 dead 2. Don't you have that one as well?

If so you can avoid the whole this and download the sequel add ons instead. It's a better deal imo, being that you get all the left 4 dead 2 perks like the defib unit, melee, adrenaline, etc.

Plus No mercy is upgraded as well. Much harder and much more fun.

I've downloaded the Sacrifice for L4D2, the problem is that the glitch for L4D1 supposedly relates just to the manual, necessary update as soon as the disc for that game is put in the 360 and I eventually want to get a few more achievements on L4D1.

That's why I'm asking to see if it exists and if Valve has confirmed it will be corrected. I'm not sticking my L4D1 disc back in anytime soon, just in case.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I've downloaded the Sacrifice for L4D2, the problem is that the glitch for L4D1 supposedly relates just to the manual, necessary update as soon as the disc for that game is put in the 360 and I eventually want to get a few more achievements on L4D1.

That's why I'm asking to see if it exists and if Valve has confirmed it will be corrected. I'm not sticking my L4D1 disc back in anytime soon, just in case.
    A wise decision young padawan.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"