Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Jaws of Life!

Undisclosed

Cool The Jaws of Life!

Someone help me here i know it was make believe but i always wondered and in recent of the dead series but it always amazed me how the dead can bite threw practically any kind of clothing!

I was goofing around and tried to bite threw my shirt and found it to be a very demanding task!

The one that sticks in my head is in Dawn when Stephen is attacked and the zombie bites his leg right threw those chords like tissue paper! bullshiiiit!

Christmas Island
    I figure it's like running super zombies but Romero wisely put that energy to use in their mouths where, gore wise, it really counts.

United States
    In answer to your question I sew alot so, if you go to tear fabric in just the right way and the right strength it will tear.
    I don't have alot of strength but if you have say like a bunch of hungry zombies tearing at ya..ooh ya that fabric is gone! Especially if it has been washed over and over again..the wear and tear on the fabric like clothes!

United States

lucky for you i've been bitten... a lot

Being a bartender in the backwoods of Canada I got bitten a few times by people I cut off and by one guy who hit his girlfriend. In all cases they bit through my shirt but while sometimes I had teeth imprints on my arm a few times they actually drew blood. I think in hindsight it all depends on whether they just bit down... or bit down and I yanked my arm thus dragging their teeth across my flesh over my shirt and eventually it drew blood.

Also *and i'd like to see more of this* if a zombie grabs your arm and dug their nails into your skin... blood will be drawn (again i've experienced this many many times its quite painful really I need a better job) and I think they'd then bite into those small wounds

Some fabric is inpenetrable... like canvas or jeans... but cotton, lycra, etc. are quite easily infiltrated...

this is of course all subjective to the teeth on the individuals involved as well i s'pose
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    I was goofing around and tried to bite threw my shirt and found it to be a very demanding task!

That is "weird". One time, on a bet, my cousin bit through a sweater. It took him a good two hours to do so, mostly because he was scared he was going to lose a tooth. A zombie probably wouldn't care either way. So i've seen what it takes to bite through clothes. Anything like a t-shirt is easily bitten through though.

Undisclosed

Thumbs up hum..

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    That is "weird". One time, on a bet, my cousin bit through a sweater. It took him a good two hours to do so, mostly because he was scared he was going to lose a tooth. A zombie probably wouldn't care either way. So i've seen what it takes to bite through clothes. Anything like a t-shirt is easily bitten through though.
    Well id have to say before my little experiment i had only bit threw edible panties folks..oh yes id love to relive that moment again!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    sounds good,although you'll definitely want to steer clear of the fish flavor.

Undisclosed
    that is why I would wear leather or a nice carhart outfit

Undisclosed
    You'd think since a zed is dead & rotting, their teeth or gums would give out before most fabrics would, just a thought.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydwarf View Post
    that is why I would wear leather or a nice carhart outfit
    Exactly. Carhart gear is made from the roughest material on earth( buddy lee's got nothing on them) and boy are they coarse. You could strike a match on one of their coats.

Undisclosed
    I guess that if a zombie is hungry enough, it'll bit through anything.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't know. Have you ever seen a carhart? If you have it's a pretty good bet that you'd come out unscathed.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Being a bartender in the backwoods of Canada I got bitten a few times by people I cut off and by one guy who hit his girlfriend. In all cases they bit through my shirt but while sometimes I had teeth imprints on my arm a few times they actually drew blood. I think in hindsight it all depends on whether they just bit down... or bit down and I yanked my arm thus dragging their teeth across my flesh over my shirt and eventually it drew blood.

Also *and i'd like to see more of this* if a zombie grabs your arm and dug their nails into your skin... blood will be drawn (again i've experienced this many many times its quite painful really I need a better job) and I think they'd then bite into those small wounds

Some fabric is inpenetrable... like canvas or jeans... but cotton, lycra, etc. are quite easily infiltrated...

this is of course all subjective to the teeth on the individuals involved as well i s'pose

Wow, sounds like those backwood Canadians can't handle their booze! I'd say leather is a pretty safe bet, but it'd have to be comfortable to get around in. Especially if one found him/herself in the summer heat, which would be ten times worse in the south with the humidity. In some of those states a pair of musty nuts or a heat rash could be caught by wearing just a regular pair of pants.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    In some of those states a pair of musty nuts or a heat rash could be caught by wearing just a regular pair of pants.
    LOL, musty nuts.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Wow, sounds like those backwood Canadians can't handle their booze! I'd say leather is a pretty safe bet, but it'd have to be comfortable to get around in. Especially if one found him/herself in the summer heat, which would be ten times worse in the south with the humidity. In some of those states a pair of musty nuts or a heat rash could be caught by wearing just a regular pair of pants.

The last dude i saw wearing laether was eddie muphy in raw.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"