Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x03 "Isolation" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 4x03 "Isolation" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

The third episode of season four!

Please keep all talk of episode 4x03 "Isolation" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Enjoy!

England
    Im walking a good balance between previews of episodes and spoilers but I predict EPICNESS with this episode
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Carol. Hahaha. I knew it. Shouldn't have been a wuss and posted my prediction. Carol is cold blooded. Puts Rick in quite the pickle. So does Rick tell Tyrese.....hmmmm. Another solid episode. Would like more on how governor search went cold.

Dead

United States
    Overall it was alright.

I liked the 1st 10-15 minutes, and the last 10-15 minutes. The middle was again, talk...talk.....talk....talk....kill a few walkers.....talk....talk......talk.
    The whole time I was just on the edge of my seat waiting for the mission to start. And then it's in the last 10 minutes.

Next episode looks promising. That seems to be the only consistent thing though, that the next episode seems like it's gonna be good.

I'm just having trouble getting used to the fact that this show is for people that like to hear people talk alot. If you want to see the apocalypse explored, well, this show is not really about that.
    Last edited by babomb; 28-Oct-2013 at 02:30 AM. Reason: .

Dying

United States
    - That zombie herd was intense. Love moments like that.
    - Although I'd prefer Glenn to survive, I'm glad they at least hit one of the main characters with this virus to give it more weight.
    - Really hope Sasha makes it. She's a hottie and I like her character.
    - Gonna be interesting to see how Daryl, Michonne, Ty and Bobs story plays out next week. Kinda reminds me of the Otis episode, which was great. The more missions away from the prison the better.
    - The tension has been pretty strong throughout the entire Season, steadily ramping up as things fall apart. This virus is no joke, it's ravaging through their numbers.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Overall it was alright.

I liked the 1st 10-15 minutes, and the last 10-15 minutes. The middle was again, talk...talk.....talk....talk....kill a few walkers.....talk....talk......talk.
    The whole time I was just on the edge of my seat waiting for the mission to start. And then it's in the last 10 minutes.

Next episode looks promising. That seems to be the only consistent thing though, that the next episode seems like it's gonna be good.

I'm just having trouble getting used to the fact that this show is for people that like to hear people talk alot. If you want to see the apocalypse explored, well, this show is not really about that.
    That's because it is story driven by characters who have depth to them. This season is right on course. I'm surprised you still watch being that you don't like the show and all you do is complain about it.
    Last edited by Harleydude666; 28-Oct-2013 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Corrections grammar

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    That's because it is story driven by characters who have depth to them. This season is right on course. I'm surprised you still watch being that you don't like the show and all you do is complain about it.
    It's because I loved seasons 1 and 2. And they were story driven, and the characters still had depth. And i loved it. I just get frustrated because the reason I watch is that it's about the zombie apocalypse, but we barely get to see any of it.
    Seasons 1 and 2 had the perfect balance between the different story elements. But it seems like somehow the creators have drawn the conclusion that people only watch it for the talky parts and the walkers. And those who like to see things actually happen are in the minority.

England
    That zombie horde gave me a fierce hard-on...simple as that.

Carol...wow! Talk about character development!

Hershal continues to be awesome and the moral compass of the group in his stubborn, gnarly old bastard way.

Tyrese's hammer frenzy attack was epic...feel the rage you pussy walkers!

Michonne's snipe about Daryl giving her fleas produced big LOL's at Legion Towers.

Tree zombie was a work of art, and kinda poignant.

Overall, I am really loving this season...my only desire is to see less prison and more post apocalypse landscape. I don't think the prison has long left now though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    - That zombie herd was intense. Love moments like that.
    - Although I'd prefer Glenn to survive, I'm glad they at least hit one of the main characters with this virus to give it more weight.
    - Really hope Sasha makes it. She's a hottie and I like her character.
    - Gonna be interesting to see how Daryl, Michonne, Ty and Bobs story plays out next week. Kinda reminds me of the Otis episode, which was great. The more missions away from the prison the better.
    - The tension has been pretty strong throughout the entire Season, steadily ramping up as things fall apart. This virus is no joke, it's ravaging through their numbers.
    It's culling them.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 28-Oct-2013 at 07:07 AM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post

It's culling them.
    Culling, ravaging through....same basic concept.

United States
    More entertaining for me than the Andrea/Governor crap of last season.
    I am loving season 4 so far, really enjoying the changes in the characters personalities. The group and how they function and the responsibilities assumed by each has changed so much since the beginning. Characters have grown and developed, most progressing in believable fashion. The Walking Dead atmosphere is darker and seems a little more bleak than previous seasons. Hope it continues down this path.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Super Moderator

UK
    A little bit slow in a couple of spots, but overall another good episode.

The 'super herd' was indeed epic - the walkers getting mangled under the wheel (notice one of them gets their arm minced off when they reach up) - tense stuff and intimidating, too. Good to see Tyreese's rage come out, as well as incorporating his famous hammer assault, same goes for Rick - he was pushed by Tyreese and he unleashed his inner Ricktator (hmmm ... that sounds a bit pervy ).

Wow ... Carol killed them?! Blimey ... I didn't see that one coming, I was convinced it was going to be a nutter on the inside who did in those two ... but well, perhaps that's stepping aside for another version to come out later on.

Yeah, this flu is no joke alright, it's good to have it feel dangerous and inconvenient.

Aye - the tree walker was awesome ... just imagine it being stuck there for who knows how long under that fallen branch ... oh and the bear trap walker - very cool. It was interesting to see Hershel and Carl together as we've not really seen that combo before (well, okay, briefly in 3x16) - a good portion of time with them together as a team. I liked Hershel's optimistic outlook in this episode, as well as his can-do attitude ... also teaching Carl that you don't always have to get involved in a fight if one presents itself (not killing the two walkers in the woods).

United States
    Solid episode. A bit of a slow burn but I enjoyed it regardless. Loved the little character interactions intertwined throughout. Hershal stands out as well does Carol. When Tyreese approaches her from behind; not only did it foreshadow Carol's guilt but the look on her face told the entire story. Great stuff. The Walker herd was fantastic and a huge oh shit moment. Also, it was a good call having members of the group also infected to add some realism. Season 4 continues to inpress. Character development is a great thing.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    Culling, ravaging through....same basic concept.
    I think, maybe, KG meant it was culling them from a storytelling perspective; separating the wheat from the chaff and all that.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Another good episode. Its turning into a solid drama which is what it should be if your going to stay faithful to the comic
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Carol was the one who told Andrea to sleep with The Governor so she would be able to kill him easily. So, no, Carol murdering people for the sake of the group was not out of character. It's been slowly brewing inside her. Just wanted to point that out.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."