Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dusk till dawn teaser with joe pilato...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

dusk till dawn teaser with joe pilato...

for those of you that might have missed this (i am pretty sure it has been put up a while back) here is another look at the teaser robert kurtzman shot for dusk till dawn with joe pilato.

joe pilato would've rocked the solar system as seth gecko.

"The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No doubt Pilato would have been cool(and it could have picked his career back up), but I think Clooney did a great job and I really have a hard time seeing Pilato fill those shoes...

ViP

United States
    Kurtzman should remake it with Pilato

capncnut
    I first saw this trailer not long after the film came out and I was immediately thumping my armchair, "not fair!"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    well at least Savini turned up in the final version

I love Joe, but this promo was trash....

Does anyone else think that Stake-gun-drill thing looks very erm.....suggestive?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    well at least Savini turned up in the final version

I love Joe, but this promo was trash....

Does anyone else think that Stake-gun-drill thing looks very erm.....suggestive?
    it was made with equipment borrowed from the set of "army of darkness" and done with pretty much zero money. here is a bit more info:

Kurtzman: "In 1988 I wrote a 24 page treatment about a family taken hostage by 2 criminals on the run who seek refuge in a down and dirty, vampire infested biker bar south of the Mexican border. Co- Producer John Esposito and I would later hire then unknown screenwriter Quentin Tarantino to write the screenplay for "From Dusk till Dawn".

I came up with the Dusk as a directing vehicle for myself. And in the late summer of 1991 at the tail end of shooting Sam Raimi's "Army of Darkness" I borrowed a dolly and some track from production (with Rob Tapert's permission) and pulled in a favor from Panavision for a camera and shot a promo short for the film. Joe (Day of the Dead) Pilato plays Seth Gecko.

I had no money and I built the sets at KNB using whatever I could find. I had to put up the set on Friday, shoot on Sat. and have everything cleaned up on Sunday so not to disrupt KNB's work on Monday. The effects are crude as it was all posted on video and at the time CGI was a ways off.

Super Moderator

UK
    Clooney was a great Seth Gecko, but I think Pilato would have also made an awesome Gecko too. That little promo certainly looked awesome.

Pilato looked badass in it too.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thought that trailer was garbage.

I'm glad they went with Clooney in the movie because he did a fackin superb job and that role turned him into an actor I really appreciate.

Off topic: Pilato was in Pulp Fiction? On his IMDB page it says he played Dean Martin. I assume this was in the Jack Rabbit Slims scene... but I do not recall seeing him at all.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I thought that trailer was garbage.

I'm glad they went with Clooney in the movie because he did a fackin superb job and that role turned him into an actor I really appreciate.

Off topic: Pilato was in Pulp Fiction? On his IMDB page it says he played Dean Martin. I assume this was in the Jack Rabbit Slims scene... but I do not recall seeing him at all.
    I just noticed this as well. It has to be the Jack Rabbit Slims scene. Either that or I totally missed him EVERY time I saw the film - alot....

Super Moderator

UK
    I've never been able to spot him in Pulp Fiction, I keep missing him I guess.

Anyone care to find or produce a screen grab, who knows where he is in the film?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I've never been able to spot him in Pulp Fiction, I keep missing him I guess.

Anyone care to find or produce a screen grab, who knows where he is in the film?

ask and ye shall receive. my son's nap time so i got out pulp fiction loaded it up and after a bit of searching the restaurant scene there he was.

he is in the left corner next to the person i believe is supposed to be jerry lewis.

if you wish to look for yourself, he is onscreen between time sigs 34:30 to about 34:34. this capture is from 34:33

Last edited by Mike70; 18-Mar-2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn, 4 seconds of side-screen time...

I re-watched this teaser thingy, and it's still good. I think it would have been a kick ass film if it had ended up the way it started out. It ended up being awesome, but hmmm...what if, in an alternate universe - or they did a proper sequel to it or something.

We need more Pilato on our screens. Just like Michael Biehn, you can't get enough Biehn.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    We need more Pilato on our screens.
    Didn't he get his wiggly bits out in one of them sleazy Red Shoe Diaries movies?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Didn't he get his wiggly bits out in one of them sleazy Red Shoe Diaries movies?
    I didn't mean that much Joe Pilato.

Undisclosed
    He did an R rated adult drama called "Married People, Single Sex" back in 1993. I've seen it and he does have himself a sex scene.

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh