Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Knight trailer

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Well, I'm looking forward to this but that trailer was a little underwhelming I thought. Had some cool moments but it was all the glitzy 'whoosh and bang' as usual with no real grit.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I agree.... the previous extended trailer was much better
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I agree.... the previous extended trailer was much better
    Further agreement.

This trailer seems to be more aimed at the scale of the action. However, it's gonna be an awesome movie. Me and the lads were talking about it last night during the Iron Man credits (so we could see the scene afterwards) and aye, we'll all definitely be seeing it in cinemas.

Same goes for Indy 4.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think I prefer the previous trailer as well. Not that this is a bad trailer. Being the bat-nerd that I am, it was still a thrill to see it on the big screen before Iron Man. Cool to see a (sorta) brief climpse of Two Face, too.

I'm still amazed with every new little piece of Ledger's performance that we get. Sure to be a great character.

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm going to try and hold off on seeing anymore trailers and flick if any commercials come on. I want to eek as much enjoyment out of this movie as possible.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 05-May-2008 at 03:47 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Same goes for Indy 4.
    DR JONES!!! You slahhhggg!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Anyone interested in seeing concept art of what the other side of that face will look like....clicky.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    New trailer. Some stuff from the previous trailers and some new stuff. More dialoge than the last and more action, as well.

I swear, I can't f*cking wait to see this film. I'm more excited about this than the birth of my child. Not really.....but i'm really excited.

Canada
    He seems to have a lips in the film.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    He seems to have a lips in the film.
    Yeah, I think you're right. In some of the scenes he really did sound as though he might have a lisp or some other sort of problem speaking.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Yeah, I think you're right. In some of the scenes he really did sound as though he might have a lisp or some other sort of problem speaking.
    Well you would too probably if your face had been all mashed up, especially around the mouth...but I didn't detect much of a lisp, so I don't really know what you lot are on about.

Bassman - ditto dude. I think The Dark Knight will be my movie of 2008, I'm seriously f*cking hot to trot for it, especially after re-watching Batman Begins (F*CKING AWESOME!), I was so ready to see Dark Knight right at the end of BB when he turns the playing card over to reveal the Joker.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude this movie looks so f*cking good, and when the music chimes in with the title ... ahhhhh MATE!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    that looks flat out awesome.

having just watched batman begins for the first time a month or so ago (long story - had the movie forever but something always seemed to get in the way of watching it) i am really looking forward to seeing this.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Yeah....I love what Ledger did with his voice. It goes from a low growl to a high pitched hyena type sound. Like "Where is Harvey Dent?!? I'll settle for his loved oneee!" LOVE IT.

I'm anxious to see what takes actually made it into the film. If you go through and listen to his voice in the same scenes in all the different trailers and clips, alot of them are different takes and his voice is totally different.

Super Moderator

UK
    If you go through and listen to his voice in the same scenes in all the different trailers and clips, alot of them are different takes and his voice is totally different.
    Methinks you're the only one who's done that and has noticed ... cos you're, to coin a hellsing-favourite-phrase, third-floor-flaming for TDK.

But you know what, so am I.