Thread: Alice In Chains new single

capncnut

Alice In Chains new single

I know Layne Staley died and yeah, I'm not too fond of the new singer William DuVall either but man, this f**king song rocks. It really should sound terrible but it's like old Alice are back with us again.

It's not a video, just the song. It came out on digital download two weeks ago.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks Brett! Not bad at all! Totally does bring us back to Layne Staley days. Is this still the black dude with the afro singing? I saw a live video of them with him doing all the classics on TV a few years back and he fucking KILLED it! Dude's an awesome singer, and this definitely sounds like him.

Super Moderator

UK
    I've dabbled in Alice In Chains, and I have to say I like this new track.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Is this still the black dude with the afro singing? I saw a live video of them with him doing all the classics on TV a few years back and he fucking KILLED it!
    Yeah Mike, it's the same dude. At first I really wasn't into the guy because I felt Layne was irreplacable. But...

...DuVall is proving himself more than worthy and he is also the rhythm guitarist now. The new album Black Gives Way To Blue is out September 29th and the early buzz is that it's pretty fuggin' good.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Heard this on the radio the other day. I really like it. They sound really similar, too.

I've got an old buddy that LOVES Alice in Chains. He's in Iraq right now and I sent him an email about it, so I can't wait to see his reaction. He lives and breathes AIC...

ViP

United States
    That does indeed sound like the old AIC. The track is pretty good, and AIC worthy, but likely a skipper after awhile. Still, I am intriged enough to check out the lp. Thanks for sharing.

capncnut
    Anyone else other than me got the 'Layne Down' lyric?