Thread: dead island new zombie game

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

dead island new zombie game

*heartlessley stolen from kotaku.com*

Oh boy, more zombies! Techland, the folks behind first-person shooter Call of Juarez and Warhound, just announced that they are bringing their shooting-stuff talents to the zombie-killing genre. You know me, I think zombies and guns are like peanut butter and chocolate.

Dead Island, expected to ship for the PC and 360 next year, takes place on a mysterious island. After a plane crash, you have to hunt through the zombie-infested paradise looking for your wife... I hope they make that wife or husband. Annnnyway, the game is said to have amazing damage modeling (think torn flesh, exposed muscles, broken bones), an "artificial life system" that will allow you to take advantage of the instinctive behavior of groups and individuals, an open, non-linear world and the ability to use the world around you as weapons... though I don't expect the island to be packed with the sort of goodies you'd find in a shopping mall.

It all sounds good to me, just make sure there's no Otis.

so it sounds like a cross ebtween dead rising and far cry.

NOOOIYCCE!

heres some screenys.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As much as i love my 360 those screenshots have to be from the pc version. I don't think consoles will look like that for a couple of years atleast. Looks promising.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I think those are mostly concept sketches.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by tkane18 View Post
    I think those are mostly concept sketches.
    *chuckles*

Indeed, they're concept sketches.

But hell yeah, Dead Rising shacks up with FarCry...hell, I'm all jizzy tissue already! I'll be well up for some of this sh*t!

MORE ZOMBIES!!!

United States
    Yeah they def dont look like console screen shots. Well its good we have a new zombiee game out, my Dead Rising broke on me and RE5 is die to come out sometime before 2010 >

United States
    The same developer made Call of Juarez, which sucked balls. I'll keep my expectations low.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I hope this doesn't get scrapped like all the awesome sounding zombie games!!!

Undisclosed
    Well for those who have been watching this game you probably know Techland said about a year ago that they had a acquired a world wide publisher but they had requested a media black out on this game.

This was good news as many had thought the game was dead. We have heard nothing about the game and again some were starting to worry the game was again(no pun intended).... Well It looks like we finally have a name of the publisher "Deep Silver"... Hopefully this means the media embargo will be lifted soon and at very least we will see the game at E3 as the game has often been rumored to be coming early 2010.

Check out the poorly translated announcement here: http://translate.google.de/translate...2F&sl=de&tl=en
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    WAIT.

did you use the search function.

oh fuck. Bassman is now useless?

quick have some 's whilst there going cheap!

Last edited by Danny; 25-Apr-2010 at 02:55 AM.

Undisclosed
    Yes I tend to do that.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    quick have some 's whilst there going cheap!

'Course they're cheap, you flooded the frikkin' market, Hellsing!

Today 'rolleyes' took a tumble...

Anyway, kind of good news that something may be moving on this game, but I'll not put too much hope into this.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    fucking hell aren't we all sick of zombies by now?

hahaha thought not...bring it on
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    When this game was first announced how ever many years ago, the big thing that they were bragging about was how you can bring the zombies down to the bone. You can beat, shoot, and burn the bodies down until there is nothing left as long as you don't kill the brain. I wonder if this technology will still make it into the game or not. I don't think there has been one zombie game where it is absolutely vital to kill the brain.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    When this game was first announced how ever many years ago, the big thing that they were bragging about was how you can bring the zombies down to the bone. You can beat, shoot, and burn the bodies down until there is nothing left as long as you don't kill the brain. I wonder if this technology will still make it into the game or not. I don't think there has been one zombie game where it is absolutely vital to kill the brain.
    If they do finish this game, they must bring that mechanic into it. It'd set it apart from other zombie titles. I mean heck, even in Dead Rising you could shoot a zombie five times in the foot and kill it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    If they do finish this game, they must bring that mechanic into it. It'd set it apart from other zombie titles. I mean heck, even in Dead Rising you could shoot a zombie five times in the foot and kill it.
    Thats because japanese developers cant make shooting games. Like american developers cant make platformers. it just CANT be done properly or it'd be weird