Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever played 'Bully'? (video game)

Ireland

Anyone ever played 'Bully'? (video game)

Is it any good?

I understand it's GTA in a school?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    I've never played it, but I have heard that it was an enjoyable game.

I do remember it getting caught up in some controversy at the time, in the last great storm of videogame media hate before the art form went full-on mainstream.

United States
    I've never played it either, although I have always wanted to. Not sure why I never got around to it.

Wasn't this game made by the same people who did Postal? I do remember the controversy about it when it first came out...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Is it any good?

I understand it's GTA in a school?
    I played and beat it on the 360 a couple of years ago. It is very good and yes, it is GTA in jr high. If you have any further questions, then let me know.

Ireland
    I bit the bullet and bought it, but fu*k me, it's expensive for an old(ish) XBOX game.

I got it second hand for cheap.

I'm having a bit of a GTA buzz at the moment. Don't know why. Playing 'The Ballad of Gay Tony'. It's gas. Never knew Liberty City had a functioning underground!!!

I also bought Vice City and am looking forward to playing that again. I reckon it was the best of the series, at least the funniest anyway. The radio stations were great.

@at Slick, I just need to know if it's a good game and in the vein of GTA, which you've already answered

United States
    Watched a "Let's Play" through the series. Looked like a hoot. Very funny. Actually had a pretty good story line.

Undisclosed
    I bit the bullet and bought it, but fu*k me, it's expensive for an old(ish) XBOX game.

I got it second hand for cheap.

I'm having a bit of a GTA buzz at the moment. Don't know why. Playing 'The Ballad of Gay Tony'. It's gas. Never knew Liberty City had a functioning underground!!!

I also bought Vice City and am looking forward to playing that again. I reckon it was the best of the series, at least the funniest anyway. The radio stations were great.

@at Slick, I just need to know if it's a good game and in the vein of GTA, which you've already answered
    You will like it. It is a young teenage themed GTA. Instead of cars, you ride bikes. Guns are replaced with slingshots, stink bombs, and firecrackers. Just like any other sandbox game, the map gradually opens up, so stick with it, because you get to travel outside of the campus. As for the bikes, there are diffrent types of them. Each has diffrent levels of speed and handling. The mini games deal with school academics such as chemestry, math, music, and english. Keep in mind, I have played only the Xbox 360 version *Scholarship Edition*, which has added content and better graphics.

United States
    Wasn't Vice City the one with the radio station called "Dust" (KDST)? They had some HILARIOUS commericals on that channel.

"When all your friends from the 70's are in rehab, we encourage you to stay on... THE DUST"

Ireland
    Yeh, thats the one Lou.

They're bloody gas, a real hoot. There's a brilliant one taking the piss out of 80's Stalone films...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Wasn't Vice City the one with the radio station called "Dust" (KDST)? They had some HILARIOUS commericals on that channel.

"When all your friends from the 70's are in rehab, we encourage you to stay on... THE DUST"

*puts on GTA-nerd hat*

actually, KDST, with dj tommy "nightmare" smith (axel rose) was actually a radio station in san andreas.

i've not played bully, but maybe one day when i finish the other half-dozen games i intend to get to this decade, i may pick it up. i've heard some good things about it, mainly from a close-friend who is also a GTA-fanatic.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    *puts on GTA-nerd hat*

actually, KDST, with dj tommy "nightmare" smith (axel rose) was actually a radio station in san andreas.

Last edited by LouCipherr; 12-Apr-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Thanks guys, I had wanted to play this game a while ago, hadn't gotten around to it and will now probably pick it up on live as a download for a breath of fresh air.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    haha, Prof got to it before I did ... I was rushing to don my own nerd cap when I saw he'd pre-empted me!

@Shoot - I loved "Vice City", it's probably my favourite one thus far, even though I've immensely enjoyed "San Andreas" (despite not feeling anything for the actual story) and GTA IV (plus DLC-on-Disc content) ... I've not played Vice City in a long old while, but back when it came out on PC when I was at Uni, I barged through it a good 3 or 4 times. I only played the story of San Andreas once, but I did give GTA IV two 50-hour play-throughs (with just over 100 additional hours of screwing around ) ... but yeah ... I loved Vice City. I'd really like to see a return to Vice City in the future, or perhaps a Vice City-like dip of the Rockstar North toe into the 1970s. I've been after such a thing for years.

Undisclosed
    Oh yeah, you get to make out with jr high girls.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    haha, Prof got to it before I did ... I was rushing to don my own nerd cap when I saw he'd pre-empted me!

@Shoot - I loved "Vice City", it's probably my favourite one thus far, even though I've immensely enjoyed "San Andreas" (despite not feeling anything for the actual story) and GTA IV (plus DLC-on-Disc content) ... I've not played Vice City in a long old while, but back when it came out on PC when I was at Uni, I barged through it a good 3 or 4 times. I only played the story of San Andreas once, but I did give GTA IV two 50-hour play-throughs (with just over 100 additional hours of screwing around ) ... but yeah ... I loved Vice City. I'd really like to see a return to Vice City in the future, or perhaps a Vice City-like dip of the Rockstar North toe into the 1970s. I've been after such a thing for years.
    I have 'Vice City' there, ready to go. I know it's not going to be up to the visual standards of GTA IV (not that I was THAT impressed by them I must say), but the game itself was just waaaaay funnier. I remember laughing out loud at certain points in the game and the radio is an absolute hoot, plus the 80's setting suits the game terribly well. I just don't get the same buzz out of the modern day settings.

VRock...Fu*k yeh!!!!!!