Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad (The final 8 episodes)

United States

Breaking Bad (The final 8 episodes)

is anyone else almost crawling out of their skin with anticipation about the return and conclusion of (what is, in my opinion) the best show on television? we're only a few weeks away, but i'm feeling like cartman waiting for the debut of the nintendo wii.

while the clips above don't really show much, i think that they give a really good snapshot of what sort of mental state these guys are in at the moment.

and here's a description of the quick glimpse comic-con attendee's were treated to this weekend, lifted from IGN:

We begin with a loud noise that sounds like an airplane engine, but is revealed to be the sound of skateboards as we see some teenagers skating in the swimming pool of an abandoned house. As we cut to the street outside, something becomes clear… We are at Walter and Skyler’s house, but clearly no one has lived in it for a long time. There is a chained gate in front and the house looks terrible.

Sitting in a car out front is Walt, appearing as he did in the Season 5 flash-forward, with a full head of hair and a beard, looking very disheveled, with a stained shirt. He gets out of the car and opens the trunk, where we see the gun he got in that same premiere episode. He ignores the gun and take a tire iron. He manages to squeeze through the small space where the gate is chained and uses the tire iron to break the lock on the front door, going inside. As Walter closes the door behind him, he lets out a small cough.

The house looks terrible inside. People have tagged the walls and flies fill the kitchen, indicating food was left behind – and that the occupants of the house didn’t have time to prepare for their departure. But the most notable thing is the giant word “Heisenberg” spray-painted on the wall of the living room.

Walt looks at the word and then hears the kids skating in the pool, pausing to glance through the blinds at them. He then goes down the hall to the bedroom, where he unscrews a certain wall socket plate… and retrieves the ricin he hid there. As Walt exists the house and goes back to his car, his neighbor has just parked and is taking a bag of groceries from her car.

She sees Walt and suddenly freezes, mouth agape. “Hello, Carol” says Walt, as Carol drops the grocery bag to the ground in shock.
    can't really decide which is worse right now, the wait for this or GTAV.....
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Aug-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    can't really decide which is worse right now, the wait for this or GTAV.....
    BOTH!

Yeah I'm stoked for these final eight episodes. I caught up on Breaking Bad last year, so had this brilliant marathon run ... and then I got to the mid-point of season 5 and it was like "argh! a year-long wait for the wrap up!"

The first season was good, but it didn't quite hook me in as I thought it would, but having heard so many good things about it (not least from Bassman here on HPOTD, who'd frequently demand that I watch the show ), I dived into the box sets and became obsessed with it. It's definitely one of the strongest and most deliciously dark shows out there - one of the greatest shows ever made.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yes, yes yes! I'm beyond excited with a touch of sadness to know it will be over soon.

My girlfriend hadn't seen the show, so we recently sat down and watched all 4.5 seasons in about two/three weeks. She instantly said it is now one of her favorite shows ever.

I was also amazed at how much I still loved the show even though I'd seen it twice before. Perfect television.

Super Moderator

UK
    BB fans might wanna check this out:

http://www.sundancechannel.com/video...1-full-episode

I watched it earlier. Not massively in-depth, but good fun and interesting for fans of the show to get a little glimpse into the writing staff on it, plus Cranston is a joy as always.

This is also a cool little video - a timelapse of the writer's doing 5x04:

^^^
    That's like an idea of heaven to me. I'd love to be doing that ... t'is my aim ... one day.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I saw a convention panel with the cast and crew and Cranston got a tattoo on the inside of one of his fingers with the Br and Ba symbols. His one and only tattoo. You know they love their work when they go that far. And they damn well should be proud. They've made one of the best TV series' of all time...

England
    Apparently Chris Hardwicks doing a post show talk show like TWD for BB
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    ugh....christ on a pony. chris fucking hardwick. god that guy is an annoying douchenozzle. however, my love for BB will have me tuning in regardless. but geez, couldn't they find someone better? i'd rather watching a "talking bad" hosted by stephen hawkins or donald trump, hardwick is that much of a pain in the ass.

and bass, congrats on the new ladyfriend and good call on introducing her to BB. i forced my girl to sit through the first 3 seasons when we started dating so we could be caught up for 4th season's opener, and a close friend of mine at work and his gf had never seen any of it, so we began watching it before TWD and marathon-ed the seasons 1-4. also, my brother hadn't seen the first half of s5 yet, so we blasted through them recently. so i've basically watched all episodes of s1-4 three times and s5 twice now.

and i recently picked up a vamanos pest tshirt and one representing pollos hermanos....i'm such a dork for this show.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, they're doing "Talking Bad" for the final 8. I don't get the hatred for Hardwick, though (Prof).

Here's the 2013 BB panel at Comic-Con:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EXZPJwfuTY

Keep a close eye on Cranston at the beginning.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Funny how the so called fan asked about the pizza scene. It's on the damn dvd/blu ray! Why are you even in that panel?!? Give your seat to someone that deserves it and won't ask stupid questions!!!
    Last edited by bassman; 26-Jul-2013 at 01:40 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Funny how the so called fan asked about the pizza scene. It's on the damn dvd/blu ray! Why are you even in that panel?!? Give your seat to someone that deserves it and won't ask stupid questions!!!

I take it you would have liked to be there, then?

Sometimes I get a bit irked by fan questions on some of these panels, particularly if it's a question that can be answered very easily by a quick glance at wiki or youtube, or is something that has been answered time-after-time. Surely, being such a huge fan, they'd have been consuming bits and pieces of info about the show online - even without hunting the answers down, you'd find them, but whatever.

Also - one thing that really annoys me about fan questions on these panels (I've watched several panels from this year's CC), is that barely any of them ... really, in fact, none of them ... can string a sentence together. Few are aware of there being a microphone that needs to be spoken into, and many/all stumble all over themselves and ask the most awkwardly worded questions. Now - to be fair - some folks might be a bit nervous in front of such a large audience, and asking your TV/Movie heroes a question - but still, in that case, write your question down on a piece of paper and have it to hand. Ask the question directly and there you go.

Sometimes you see the moderator having to step in to re-ask the question so the panel know what to answer ... I'm no doubt being very pinickity and overly harsh, but you do get a bit annoyed by the lack of clarity in the questions for the panel discussions.

Another thing I don't understand is this: AMC have put up the TWD and BB panels on their YouTube account days after the panels took place and long after other people put up their own videos. If you're going to put the panel up - with the great audio and official camera shots - get it up immediately! Fans won't hang around - I watched amateur-shot (but fairly well shot) versions of both of those panels (with all the annoying whooping and hollering over every little thing anyone ever says ... seriously, less hollering, more questions answered ... we all know that everybody likes everything at comic-con, so let's move on and hear some answers, you know? ).

/overly-picky-nerd-rage-rant

United States
    @MZ, regarding chris hardwick: he just comes off as fake as hell with all his phony enthusiasm and strikes me as incredibly irritating. in fact, i just did a google search beginning with the phrase "chris hardwick is" and a few of the top answers were "a douche", "annoying", and "not funny", so i know i can't be the only one who has this opinion.

and mythbusters will be having a breaking bad special on august 12th, one night after the premiere for those interested.

United States
    and this:

11 days.

United States
    oh man. talk about awesome. kinda shocked that they went ahead with the (begining?) of the hank vs. walt showdown so quickly, but with only 7 episodes left, things gotta move quickly..... and that convo between skinny pete and badger about his star trek script was an instant classic!

Super Moderator

UK
    It's kinda weird to hop back into it - I caught up with the show around about this sort of time last year, and so I've had a year-long wait for these final eight after blazing through the rest.

Anyway - ruddy good stuff - Hank vs Walt: tense stuff indeed! Poor old, Jessie too, I always feel sorry for the guy - he's the moral (criminal) conscience of the duo, but he's forever getting battered. I can't wait to see how it all goes from here! OOH THE EXCITEMENT!

It's really cool how they can do so much on screen, and yet be so subtle about everything - there's always this bubbling sense of tension, and they never feel the need to shout and make a lot of noise and dance around. It's a very controlled sort of show ... it's like a controlled explosion ... meticulous preparation and then it all kicks off.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Aug-2013 at 04:29 PM.

England
    That was a freaking excellent episode. So many possibilities.
    Even at this late stage of the game, theres a very small part of me that wants Walt to get a way with it. Even after all he's done.
    Jesse's just annoying me now.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA