Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LOTD sequel thought

United States

LOTD sequel thought

I liked LOTD except for the hero who did embody the word bland. I mean give me Ken Foree any day.

I think the sequel would be way better if they scrapped the crummy parts - death by awesome zombie carnage comes to mind - and got a stronger cast behind the trip north.

Plus I'd love to see an odd hero like Charlie could be.

Join up with survivors from Cleveland?

And cut out the crummy FX blood shots. They don't look like real blood anyway. The squirting didn't have enough gravity/viscosity to it.

Zombie animals? I don't know but that would be seriously effed up. Dogs have been done, but I see horses as eminently threatening. And squirrels maybe....

IMHO

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Graebel
    I liked LOTD except for the hero who did embody the word bland. I mean give me Ken Foree any day.

I think the sequel would be way better if they scrapped the crummy parts - death by awesome zombie carnage comes to mind - and got a stronger cast behind the trip north.

Plus I'd love to see an odd hero like Charlie could be.

Join up with survivors from Cleveland?

And cut out the crummy FX blood shots. They don't look like real blood anyway. The squirting didn't have enough gravity/viscosity to it.

Zombie animals? I don't know but that would be seriously effed up. Dogs have been done, but I see horses as eminently threatening. And squirrels maybe....

IMHO
    I agree they could do something with Rileys character juice him up a bit...I would love for them to stop near my neck of the woods on their way up to North from Pittsburgh. I sure hope they make another one only make it different.

United States
    Whenever I saw Riley, I couldnt help but think of another part that he played, the gay-actor-wannabe from L.A. Confidential. That was such a high profile movie, and listed on imdb as in the top 20 of all time. That and Dennis Hopper took away from the "unknown cast makes it more believable" aspect of GAR's three earlier dead films.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT
    Whenever I saw Riley, I couldnt help but think of another part that he played, the gay-actor-wannabe from L.A. Confidential. That was such a high profile movie, and listed on imdb as in the top 20 of all time. That and Dennis Hopper took away from the "unknown cast makes it more believable" aspect of GAR's three earlier dead films.
    John Leguizamo and Asia Argento aren't exactly unknowns either. And while I've seen Robert Joy in other movies, he is always a character actor.
    A penny for the old guy.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hasn't this all been covered? Numerous times?

This poor, beaten horse.....

Personally, I thought Baker played a pretty good leader/protagonist. I hope he is back for the sequel.
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Jul-2006 at 04:10 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Hasn't this all been covered? Numerous times?
    Not to be nasty, but if you've read the discussion before. Don't open the thread.
    A penny for the old guy.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not to be nasty, but if you've read the discussion before. Don't open the thread.
    Chill sis....it was a joke.

Sort of, anyway...

Super Moderator

United States
    So, not to hijack this thread, but I just had to make sure I understand this: you ladies didn't like Riley because he was a 'nice' guy and so boring (what with saving that hooker, killing zombies, counting coup on Kaufmann's flunkies, taking back Dead Reckoning and some how finding time to brood about humanity's inability to build a better tomorrow and learn from our mistakes)?

Pffft, don't go out of your way to break any stereotypes

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed

Nice plot twist....

LOTD 2 they find out Riley was played perfectly bland and emotionless because it turns out he is also a zombie.

(Maybe Big Daddy planted him in the green as a spy? Smart, Tricky zombies)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights
    you ladies didn't like Riley because he was a 'nice' guy and so boring
    Big Daddy had more personality then Riley. Expressionless does not equal nice. I like nice guys. Boring, no.
    A penny for the old guy.

United States
    while the obvious would be to follow where the zombies or riley's gang go,

which way do you think Foxy went?

granted the guy playing foxy isn't marquee caliber, but it's another option into what direction the next film could follow

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by creepntom
    while the obvious would be to follow where the zombies or riley's gang go,

which way do you think Foxy went?

granted the guy playing foxy isn't marquee caliber, but it's another option into what direction the next film could follow
    He was headed to Cleveland.
    A penny for the old guy.

Super Moderator

United States
    He was headed to Cleveland.
    Ahhhhh, Cleveland. This could be Cleveland's one opportunity to be an interesting town to visit

That said, it'd be nice to see some other examples of post-rising reclaimed settlements.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 12-Jul-2006 at 10:13 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Banned User

United States
    I think it was stated in the movie that no one had heard from cleavland in a while leaving me with the impression that it was probably over run. I think that would still kinda leave things open for him. (maybe, it's been a while since I watched land)

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiegirl
    I think it was stated in the movie that no one had heard from cleavland in a while leaving me with the impression that it was probably over run. I think that would still kinda leave things open for him. (maybe, it's been a while since I watched land)
    I believe you're correct, but cross-country communication in a zombified world would be undependable at best.