Thread: Could you give some good zombie recommendations?

Undisclosed

Could you give some good zombie recommendations?

I've seen a fair few films, and I consider the Romero quartet to be the pinnacle of zombie horror. Aside from those, I've seen:

Return of the Living Dead
    The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue
    Braindead / Dead Alive
    Cemetery Man
    Dawn of the Dead (Remake)
    Shaun of the Dead
    28 Days Later
    Resident Evil
    Zombie Flesh Eaters

Personally, I prefer shambling zombies, but the main element that I love is the fact that the end of the world has arrived, society has collapsed, and there is a huge threat. Zombie films that focus on characters, and tension rather than gore (not that gore's a bad thing ) with the real enemy always being the enemy within, as Romero always likes to point out.

So, anything else I could watch? Or should I just give up now?
    -- -----------------------------------------------------
    I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal.

United States
    zombie is fairly decent, stick with the first one tho, the sequels blow more than jenna jameson

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Although they're not quite ghouls, they're close enough, you should watch The Omega Man starring Charlton Heston.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Although they're not quite ghouls, they're close enough, you should watch Jurassic Park starring Jeff Goldbum.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    Although they're not quite ghouls, they're close enough, you should watch Jurassic Park starring Jeff Goldbum.

The reason I mentioned the Omega Man is because Desdinova said
    but the main element that I love is the fact that the end of the world has arrived, society has collapsed, and there is a huge threat. Zombie films that focus on characters, and tension rather than gore (not that gore's a bad thing ) with the real enemy always being the enemy within

United States
    there's a new one called Severed that's really good.
    also, Zombie Honeymoon is worth a watch. Not as campy as you'd think it'd be.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    To me, outside of Romero's flicks.....the only other one worth a damn is "Shaun of the Dead".

"Return of the Living Dead" is about as good as "Manos: The Hands of Fate".

Nice picture in your signature, Adreno. I have a couple episodes from that season.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    "Return of the Living Dead" is about as good as "Manos: The Hands of Fate".

Nice picture in your signature, Adreno. I have a couple episodes from that season.
    Oh my...I bought an UN-mstied copy of Manos: The Hands of Fate about a year ago.....I've watched it several times; Return of the Living Dead I've only been able to sit through twice. (and that's only because of the sexy stripper punk chicka)

(my siggie is a screen-cap from the Space Mutiny episode - the one with Hank McThickchest)

you're right tho, it's hard to find decent zed flcks outside of Romero's realm (other than Shaun, of course, that sits proudly in line; next to Land in my collection), but, I think you'd like Severed. One gets the "feeling" that it could be happening in the GAR Universe...only this one gives an explination as to why it happened. It's NOT a ripoff of the GAR World at all, but, you can definitley see where he influenced the writers/director.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Oh my...I bought an UN-mstied copy of Manos: The Hands of Fate about a year ago.....I've watched it several times; Return of the Living Dead I've only been able to sit through twice. (and that's only because of the sexy stripper punk chicka)

(my siggie is a screen-cap from the Space Mutiny episode - the one with Hank McThickchest)

you're right tho, it's hard to find decent zed flcks outside of Romero's realm (other than Shaun, of course, that sits proudly in line; next to Land in my collection), but, I think you'd like Severed. One gets the "feeling" that it could be happening in the GAR Universe...only this one gives an explination as to why it happened. It's NOT a ripoff of the GAR World at all, but, you can definitley see where he influenced the writers/director.
    "Space Mutiny".....that's a good one. "Santa Clause, Debbie Reynolds, and Sting".

I might have to check out "Severed" if I ever come across it...