Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean 3 trailer...

Administrator

England

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 trailer...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I enjoyed "Dead Man's Chest" more than the first and this one looks as though it might exceed the previous installment, as well.

These are some of the best brainless, summer entertainment flicks I think i've ever seen....

Australia
    It certainly looks good, I didn't really enjoy the second one but I can't wait to see this one.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It certainly looks good, I didn't really enjoy the second one but I can't wait to see this one.
    I'm kinda with Mike on this one. I didn't think the 2nd one was all that great, but I looked at it as the 'bridge' between part 1 & part 3. Sorta like Attack of the Clones, but good.

I can't wait to see part 3. I just wanna see Keef & Johnny cuttin' it up on camera.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Sorta like Attack of the Clones, but good.
    What a terrible analogy... All the films thus far in the Pirates Trilogy have been quite good!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dead

Undisclosed
    Pirates of the Carribean with Chow Yun Fat? I'm all for that

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What a terrible analogy... All the films thus far in the Pirates Trilogy have been quite good!

it was all I could think of at the moment!!

The POTC films have been much better than the SW movies (ep. 1-3 I mean), agreed - but just like Attack of the Clones was a bridge to Revenge of the Sith from Phantom Menace, that's what I felt Dead Man's Chest was. Just a link between two films - so it doesn't really "satisfy" the viewer, it just leads them to the last part of the story. I wasn't trying to imply SW ep. 1-3 were 'better' than the POTC franchise.

Does that clarification help? Or should I just flog myself for even comparing POTC to the SW films?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just watched it and the POTC 3 trailer looks better than the 1st two movies combined.

There is one reason why POTC 3 will kick ass.

1. Geoffrey Rush has returned as Barbosa.

The POTC films have been much better than the SW movies (ep. 1-3 I mean), agreed - but just like Attack of the Clones was a bridge to Revenge of the Sith from Phantom Menace, that's what I felt Dead Man's Chest was. Just a link between two films - so it doesn't really "satisfy" the viewer, it just leads them to the last part of the story. I wasn't trying to imply SW ep. 1-3 were 'better' than the POTC franchise.

Does that clarification help? Or should I just flog myself for even comparing POTC to the SW films?
    POTC Has become the new TRILOGY... Star Wars who?
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 20-Mar-2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Seems to me that a better analogy would have been the Matix trilogy. Nothing new really happened in "Reloaded".....it just linked the original and "Revolutions". Neither of the two sequels were as good as the original, though...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    There are two reasons why POTC 3 will kick ass.

1. Geoffrey Rush has returned as Barbosa.

You could've stopped right there.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Seems to me that a better analogy would have been the Matix trilogy. Nothing new really happened in "Reloaded".....it just linked the original and "Revolutions". Neither of the two sequels were as good as the original, though...
    Now, had I been thinking right (it's too early for me) when I posted, that would've probably been a better comparison.

Regardless, though, Dead Mans Chest was just a link to part 3. I didn't see anything too 'spectacular' about DMC. Good movie, yes, but just a link to part 3 and not better than the first.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 20-Mar-2007 at 03:06 PM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You could've stopped right there.

Ok... I fixed it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States

Much better, Dj.

Although I really am stoked to see Keef as "dad" in part 3, I'm even more stoked that Geoffrey Rush is coming back.

Am I the only one who thought Rush was brilliant as "Stephen-goddamn-Price" in House on Haunted Hill?

Australia
    Seeing Keith in the film will be worth the price of admission alone I believe, plus Geoffery Rush is always great to see on screen. No matter what role he plays he always makes it enjoyable to watch.

United States
    True, true... I can't argue with you there. Rush is an awesome actor - who I wasn't exposed to 'till "House..." I wish I would've found him earlier.

Australia
    You didn't really miss much, most of the films he did before 'house" were pretty ****ty Aussie films, well ****ty in my opinion anyways.