Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Non-Romero Zombie movie

Undisclosed

Favorite Non-Romero Zombie movie

Whats your favorite non Romero z flick?
    Is there a particular series/style/Nation's film industry you love ?

Theres so damn many

I think I'd have to go with Return of the Living Dead or 28 days later

All the Italian ones are just too campy. The evil dead series isnt enough along the same zombie themes i love (survival and siege)

i love anything where the characters have to barricade themselves in, claustraphobia is a good scary atmosphere IMHO
    make shift survival is really cool to me

I still have yet to see any asian ones (biozombie , versus, wild zero, junk)

anyhoo im sure 2456357356837 noobs have started this thread in the past
    but hey 2456357356837 noobs cant be wrong!
    A.F.A.!!!!!!
    Artichoke Fondlers Anonymous !!!

Death Count of friends playing Zombie DND: 8

Eddy- Face accidently smashed with a hatchet by a fellow survivor, Invasion Day 4
    Jake- Shot in the back by the police as he robbed a Sports Authority, Invasion Day 1
    chris- bitten while defending home, shot by chester
    annie- wrists slashed by nader and eaten alive
    richard- torn to pieces after being pulled from atop his SUV by zombies, managed to shoot his gas tank in the process
    nader- killed by th explosion of richard's SUV
    carl- tortured to deah by nader (infighting got nasty)
    jake- shot by carl in the stomach

Undisclosed
    ... Probably... umm... Return of the Living Dead or Shaun Of The Dead...

capncnut
    Zombie Flesh Eaters, hands down!

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Escape from new york ... for sure!!! With Bladerunner coming in at a VERY close second place.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rawrOTD View Post
    Whats your favorite non Romero z flick?
    Is there a particular series/style/Nation's film industry you love ?

Theres so damn many

I think I'd have to go with Return of the Living Dead or 28 days later

All the Italian ones are just too campy. The evil dead series isnt enough along the same zombie themes i love (survival and siege)

i love anything where the characters have to barricade themselves in, claustraphobia is a good scary atmosphere IMHO
    make shift survival is really cool to me

I still have yet to see any asian ones (biozombie , versus, wild zero, junk)

anyhoo im sure 2456357356837 noobs have started this thread in the past
    but hey 2456357356837 noobs cant be wrong!

Well I would have to say return of the living dead and slither. I would think slither is in a way like a zombie movie, but i know not a true zombie.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    ... Probably... umm... Return of the Living Dead or Shaun Of The Dead...
    Same, in my book. Both are fantastic depiction of our beloved theme, especially SHAUN.

And I have to add 28 Days Later.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Undisclosed
    I love 28 Days Later too, but I don't consider it a zombie movie really.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    Escape from new york ... for sure!!! With Bladerunner coming in at a VERY close second place.

I think you missunderstood the question. Or maybe I did ? I think he wants our fav. zombie movie not related to Romero? But anyway you are so right on Bladerunner. I love that movie! Escape from new york is a good one also but i thought it was a little cheezy. My all time fav. movie has to be excalibur!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "Shaun"....but then again it's sort of in the same world as Romero's films, so I guess that doesn't count.

To me, just about all other zombie films are crap. Romero seems to have been the only one who knows how to handle the subject without making it a big joke(for now, anyway).

I loathe the "Return" films...

I have a feeling that the "Planet Terror" portion of "Grindhouse" will soon be my favorite outside of Romero's...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    To me, just about all other zombie films are crap. Romero seems to have been the only one who knows how to handle the subject without making it a big joke(for now, anyway).
    Strange, why I feel to accept this assumption as the only possible view on the subject?
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    Strange, why I feel to accept this assumption as the only possible view on the subject?

I said it was my view. I even put "to me" at the beginning. What are you trying to say?

United States
    I said it was my view. I even put "to me" at the beginning. What are you trying to say?
    watch out, friend.....around here, if you have your own opinion, you get warned....

United States
    "Shaun"....but then again it's sort of in the same world as Romero's films, so I guess that doesn't count.

I loathe the "Return" films...

I have a feeling that the "Planet Terror" portion of "Grindhouse" will soon be my favorite outside of Romero's...
    I am not so enamoured with ROTLD series, either. They're OK. What I loath is that "brains" crap.

I am really looking foward to Grindhouse, having been to plenty. They should have a William Castle Gimmick where they make the floors sticky, Let loose Rats and Big ass roaches and have bums whacking off in the bathroom. Oh yeah, and the big group of screaming drunken fratboys. They should let you smoke out the bud too and charge $2.35 for a ticket.
    Maybe have the film break in the middle and spend 20 minutes fixing it and run the rest out of focus
    The Grindhouse experience wa about much more than the movies. A general sleaze and dangerous feeling.
    Its gotta be better than Kill Bill, cause that Suuuuucked. Boring and too self reverential. Boring is the real crime.

I agree about the other Zombie films. Not crap so much, but that GARs are the only truly great films
    Last edited by coma; 22-Nov-2006 at 05:48 PM.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome View Post
    watch out, friend.....around here, if you have your own opinion, you get warned....
    Change the record for christ's sake ...

ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    I think you missunderstood the question. Or maybe I did ? I think he wants our fav. zombie movie not related to Romero? But anyway you are so right on Bladerunner. I love that movie! Escape from new york is a good one also but i thought it was a little cheezy. My all time fav. movie has to be excalibur!

I dunno TBH.

I figured that if he can state 28 DAYS LATER, a movie with no zombies in it, as his favourite non romero zombie movie, then i could also state my own favourite non romero movies which contain "creatures that are a bit like zombies" and are set in a somewhat distopian or post-apocalyptic enviroment