Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paintballers of HPOTD...

England

Paintballers of HPOTD...

Imagine taking this beast out into the field!

http://rap4.com/paintball/os/paintba...ine-p-468.html

Animal mother stylee!
    Ive got another days paintballing booked for next month,but i dont think we'll be seeing anything like that in the game

Super Moderator

UK
    *jaw quite literally aghast*

I WANT ONE!!!

Now that would bring some Vietnam realism to paintballing. All you need now is an abandoned gas works mocked up to look like downtown 'Nam and then you can go charging into the fray, just like you said - Animal Mother stylee!!!

Undisclosed
    My god... I think I could seriously see myself leaving my wife for that gun... its like a sexual experience in two-dimensions (since i can't reach through the screen and touch it)... I think I need a cigarette.
    Last edited by dannoofthedead; 03-Feb-2007 at 02:29 AM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Imagine taking this beast out into the field!

http://rap4.com/paintball/os/paintba...ine-p-468.html

Animal mother stylee!
    Ive got another days paintballing booked for next month,but i dont think we'll be seeing anything like that in the game
    Let me guess... It fires 23 feet and jams every 3 seconds...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Who the hell would spend 4 grand on a damn gun that fires paintballs? They'd need their f**kin' head examined.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Who the hell would spend 4 grand on a damn gun that fires paintballs? They'd need their f**kin' head examined.
    Besides police, citizens and military personal using these paintball guns for the most realistic force on force practice safety, facilities, training and money can make possible, the same folks how drop major coin on airsoft and paintball. Some of the airsoft people I've seen online have dropped some major coinage into their hobby, same as any other hobby I suppose, it can be as cheap or as expensive as you want and can afford. The civillian who shells out for that puppy is doing it because he's got money and wants to be Animal Mother on the paintball field.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    jesus ****ing christ.

thats more than a little overboard, granted theres allways someone who buys this kinda stuff, but god damn, one of these days some dudes gonna have a vietnam flashback whilst playing paintball and go all "first blood" on the rest of his team mates.
    who else would take this games THAT seriously?

United States
    That is a beautiful paintball gun. If I were rich it would be mine. I am not rich so I can only drool over it.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

England
    Yeah il stick to my £150 tippmann A5,i dont think i'd spend that kind of money on an M60,but it still looks cool

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Yeah il stick to my £150 tippmann A5,i dont think i'd spend that kind of money on an M60,but it still looks cool
    Let's just say, if somebody gave us one we'd be more than content.

Hellsing - you obviously haven't come across the lesser spotted "weekend warrior" ... I did in my third ever round of paintball, we have a face-off kinda situation and I nailed the f*cker in the middle of the head, it was glorious (and he was very pissed off).

The dude had his own (urban) camo shirt (in the f*ckin' WOODS) as well as a matching bandana and his own mask ... the dude was a total cock, and me - the utter paintballing noob, nailed the twat ... had it been a bullet I'd have gotten "the pink mist".

England
    I started posting on a paintball forum a while ago,and theres a huge divide and some bitter arguing between the tourney & woodsball crowds.Personally i like putting on a bit of camo and running round the woods shooting away with semi-realistic looking markers,having a laugh & having war film moments.But the tourney crowd who wear brightly coloured tops covered in sponsers & use luminous ray gun markers,while playing on zones no bigger than a tennis court with inflatables for obstacles,claim that the "milsim rambo wannabes" give paintball a bad name & that they will get the sport banned by using realistic looking markers.They seem to think that anyone who plays paintball in the woods is a psychotic survivalist asking to be shot by an armed response unit!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^well y' kinda are a little, but so are skateboarders *shrugs*

Super Moderator

UK
    Paintball "tourny" stuff is just crap and boring, you might as well play football or basketball.

Proper paintball is supposed to be simulated warfare - hence the realism and woodland settings (are there urban settings at all? Like a village - like that army training camp as seen on Top Gear?).

Sounds like those tourny players are just a bunch of elitest wankers who think they're so awesome because their trigger finger is really fast - it's not about how many pellets you fire, it's about how many guys you take out - that's the skill with proper paintball, not wasting your ammo, picking your shots and keeping effective cover while making a strong advancement.

Tourny paintball is unrealistic and dull, proper paintball is what you want, you're face down in the mud going all 'Nam on each other with Adagio for Strings in your brain, it's superb!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i'd like to try with a few friends but its damn expensive were i live, like 40 quid a person, it used to be like 15 per person for a big 15 on 15 game but "rules have changed" since i was younger so i missed the window for cheap paintballin'

England
    The best thing to do is buy your own gear & then just attend walk on events at your local centres,or if possible get some friends interested as well so you can have a shoot out on a saturday afternoon
    Otherwise you spend ages waiting for someone to have a birthday or stag party and only get to play once a year