Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ghost videos

capncnut

Ghost videos

Okay folks, now I'm as skeptical as the rest of you but I enjoy having a ganders at the odd ghost vid. Why am I telling you? Well, this little video has turned up at almost every 'genuine' ghost site and is topping the polls as the most viewed ghost video online. I just wanted to get your opinion.

Now, I ain't saying it's real, I ain't saying it's false but apparently it has passed all the required 'hoax' tests. What do you reckon?
    Last edited by capncnut; 06-Feb-2007 at 02:40 PM.

United States
    what the hell is even happening? a girl sitting on a tombstone?

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by trancelikestate View Post
    what the hell is even happening? a girl sitting on a tombstone?
    Looks like a live girl to me. Not sure how this is hoax-proof.

capncnut
    I think it's a live girl too but all sites (including the more 'serious' ones) claim it to be geniune ghost footage.

United States
    i think all of us know that we could make a video even more convincing than that. BTW, whats the big deal about it? that guy needs to learn how to hold the camera still.

capncnut
    Okay here's a few more 'genuine' ghost videos.

The Barton Mansion figure

The ghost car (very cool)

The haunted swing set

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    total fakes each and every one.

for god sake the first one uses a sound effect of one of the sound sites i get the music for my flash animations from, and it was a girl in a mask.

my opinion: ray,egon and the rest can rest easy. cus' derek acoras more convincing.

capncnut
    I gotta admit, the only one I was impressed with was the ghost car. I couldn't even begin to explain that one if I tried.

Christmas Island
    Looks like a fake to me but then again...

Reminds me of the Amityville boy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I gotta admit, the only one I was impressed with was the ghost car. I couldn't even begin to explain that one if I tried.
    refelection maybe?, the driver showed he had good control of his vehicle, even though he drove like an idiot, so its not impossible, given that he was allready turning left that he could have done a u turn around them and all they saw was the tail lights being reflected on the windshield.

and as for the barton masnion one, the "ghost" had a torch in his hand

the most convincing of them all is the swing, and i dont believe even that is haunted, its more a "how did they do it" type video for me, cus the fact it opened so wide, showing there was noone there and then zooming right in on it suggest A:they new it was going to happen and B:the wide shot was too obvious an "look no hands" shot, definatly seems fishy, my best guess is wind or two guys really far away with something thin like fishing line over the distance pulling, its wierd but not impossible, especially if you want to get famous for a ghost caught on tape.

dont get me wrong ,whilst i dont have a religion i do have a somewaht belief in the supernatural aspect of the world ,i just think id need to see something a little more convincing.
    even shows like ghosthunters, while looking good at first with them saying "there was noone up there" its all filmed so it can be cut, reset up and then re filmed, rigged, or any number of things, so tv and video really isnt that much of a good scource im afriad, 'least thats what i think.
    Last edited by Danny; 08-Feb-2007 at 02:03 AM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    refelection maybe?, the driver showed he had good control of his vehicle, even though he drove like an idiot, so its not impossible, given that he was allready turning left that he could have done a u turn around them and all they saw was the tail lights being reflected on the windshield.
    Er, the guy drove THROUGH a chain link fence without knocking it over.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    how do you know?, the police car was at an angle and the car could have veered off doubling back and all you saw was it's tail lights, and possibly, if you zoom, the driver giving the cops the finger "and for 50 cents more you can have it super sized"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    No way. There isn't any way that the tail lights could be reflecting off the windshield, for two main reasons:

1) You see the tail lights while the cruiser is still turning. They would stay so somewhat-stationary to their course of direction. I don't know if this is making sense... it's kind of hard for me to explain.

2) Cops would always be having troubles following people if tail lights from behind them reflected off their winshield like that. We'd also see it happening whenever the cruiser would pass other cars on the road.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post

Reminds me of the Amityville boy.
    Reminds me of that little long-haired brat from Hanson playing the piano.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    holy frigg!, they ARE the children of the corn!