Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blair gets in on the resistance church bitch fest

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

blair gets in on the resistance church bitch fest

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6172487....stnews;title;0

now ive said my own stuff about putting down the ps3 but thats purely becuase i dont think something like that has the right amount of games to warrant such a price tag, but that doesnt mean i dont love the playstation franchise final fantasy, metal gear, silent hill resident evil the list goes on and on and they jsut cant get a break, speaking as someone who saw the same thing happen to the dreamcast this is just unfiar to the people who put the time into making that game they aimed to entertain and somehow some religous voters wanting mp thinks its gonna make the kiddies go to there grandads old footlockers in the attic, get out the rilfe and go on a blast fest.

and no its not a gta game this time IT'S ****ING SCI-FI!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This type of stuff just tickles me. In bad taste, please. Some things just aren't going to agree with everybody. That doesn't mean it should be banned. It's just the logical progression of this pc crap. No matter what you do i'm sure there's somebody who's going to have a problem with it. I just love the crap they peddle about video games make people violent. What ever happened to personal responsibility? By following that logic no one would be responsible for anything they do. Everybody has a sob story and everybody has an excuse. That doesn't make it o.k. to go around killing people or whatever.

Undisclosed
    The thing I dont understand is how people can not understand that the game is just that a game?! I heard about this here and saw it on the news, the clip of the game on the news had a guy shooting hundreds of weird spider type things.

Do we have spiders the size of large dobermans? Do we have laser guns? No well unless everyone else is just playing some sort of bizzare bastard game.
    Why arent you laughing?

Super Moderator

UK
    Blair is just a dickhead hopping on a bandwagon in a desperate attempt to garnish some "I'm just off out the door" support from religious nutters who have no idea what a videogame is.

A game is no different to a TV show or a movie representation, also, a church is a public building and those are perfectly legal to render in a game, the church has absolutely no legal leg to stand on.

It really baffles me how these wankers have such an inability to grasp what videogaming is all about, they absolutely, po-facedly refuse to sit down and understand. They just shout about like they're a Daily Mail head line and hold their breath until some dickhead like Tony Blair caves in and starts paying attention.

Blair's response to it early on where he put himself on the side of artistic expression, then in a heartbeat snapped over to "moral" ground, absolute loser, saying one thing and then saying the opposite and apparently 'standing' for both...what a nob, but then again, that's what Labour have been doing for 10 years now, saying one thing and doing another...basically taking a leaf out of the book of the Liberal Democrats.

*runs away before Liam hoists his trousers in a comedy "why I oughta!" manner*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    he's probably just desperate to leave behind a legacy, anything besides the iraq war. Bush is trying the same thing with the immigration policy he's trying to push through. Nothing those men ever do again will erase the collosal fu ck up that is the iraq war from people's minds.

Super Moderator

UK
    There's some sort of criminal bill or something going through, or trying to go through - basically flat out forcing - which includes this dangerous pictures act thingy (which has been getting campaigned against by many groups for many months/years since it was first talked about)...once again, labour seek to trample individuality, fringe tastes and 'dissent'...scumbags.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's atleast one thing your gov't has that we don't and we shoul: the no confidence vote. Once we elect an official, we have to ride it out with the wanker until his term is up. They can go against the people and then kiss ass when the election comes up, which is how it usually works.

Super Moderator

UK
    That's how it works here, they kiss our asses at election time, and deliberately hold back legislation we don't want until after local/general elections and then just barge ahead with it anyway after morons continue to vote for this shambles who see government as the boss and us as the employees, when it's completely the other way around, but they've no respect for the British public - heck, they don't even think beyond London for any of their legislation, such as this retarded - and exceptionally intrusive - road tax idea, which is pure Orwell, as well as (typically for Labour) completely unworkable and completely over-the-top complex, so - as Jeremy Clarkson put forth - it's far easier and simpler for the oil folks to cut a cheque to the gubment and be done with it, rather than putting up a deep and complex and beaurocratic mess to deal with the spying black boxes forced into everybody's cars - yes, this is modern gubment. 1984 is no longer in the past.

As for this "vote of no confidence", it's the first I've heard of it, so no doubt the majority of Britain haven't heard of it, besides, Labour would find a way around it anyway, they do as they please, it's sickening...

Super Moderator

UK
    That's how it works here, they kiss our asses at election time, and deliberately hold back legislation we don't want until after local/general elections and then just barge ahead with it anyway after morons continue to vote for this shambles who see government as the boss and us as the employees, when it's completely the other way around, but they've no respect for the British public - heck, they don't even think beyond London for any of their legislation, such as this retarded - and exceptionally intrusive - road tax idea, which is pure Orwell, as well as (typically for Labour) completely unworkable and completely over-the-top complex, so - as Jeremy Clarkson put forth - it's far easier and simpler for the oil folks to cut a cheque to the gubment and be done with it, rather than putting up a deep and complex and beaurocratic mess to deal with the spying black boxes forced into everybody's cars - yes, this is modern gubment. 1984 is no longer in the past.

As for this "vote of no confidence", it's the first I've heard of it, so no doubt the majority of Britain haven't heard of it, besides, Labour would find a way around it anyway, they do as they please, it's sickening...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive heard of it before, it does what the name says basically.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Wow, it doesn't take much to get you going on this type of stuff, huh? It's cool i'm the same way. I'm a political junkie and a law major so I actually pay attention to what our govt's are doing. I bet you're just like me. My friends look at me like i'm a whack job because i care about what's happening around us. Everybody else is too busy with their i-pods, my space accounts, my spacepages, and following the tabloids. You know, real life and death stuff.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I certainly am more politically interested/angered than my mates who are too busy with other things, but then again I come from a family where a common topic at the dinner table is politics (occasionally I get a breather and we talk about TV, haha).

I'm working on a documentary at the moment which is very political, so I've been having many social & political discussions with the director ... ahhh the carefree days of my uni days when it was all about running around like a nutter putting things in microwaves to see what would happen and shooting rotten eggs with BB guns.

As for my political leanings, I'd say I'm a Liberal-Conservative.

I wish politicians would think outside the box, rather than just ticking over, come up with some proper ideas (like don't tax the earnings of those on low wages, and definitely charge the rich more as they get away with far too much)...I wish they'd also think outside of fahkin' London. All this big brother stuff that Labour has really been winging in over the years has really angered me (not that other parties haven't done their little bits too, but Blair & Co really take the feckin' biscuit).

Basically, I despise the Labour party with a passion, I absolutely despise them, for every 1 good idea they come up with (e.g. the NHS) they come up with 10 or most likely more utterly stupid and unworkable ideas...and while the NHS was their idea, guess who went and completely f*cked it up in this last 10 years? Yep, Labour.

I also think the Liberal Democrats are dreamers who just shout the odds, they haven't had to govern the country ever before (technically, in this form anyway), and the last time we had Liberals in charge it was way back when - I'm talking WW1 era.

And also, if they truly were the Liberal party, they would have put the gay bloke or the bisexual bloke up as their leader, rather than rabidly attacking their own leader (who certainly enjoyed his drink - Charles Kennedy) and then replacing him with a zombie, and not even a cool zombie like Bub, just some old, crusty fart...wow, exceedingly Liberal - and it was the Conservatives who brought the first female Prime Minister to this country - in 1979 for cryin' out loud!

Mind you, the Conservatives could certainly do with getting up to speed with modern entertainment and freedom of the press...but then again, so should feckin' Labour...especially Labour in fact as they're currently in power. It's retarded how they're jumping all over this Sony business of late, utterly stupid...in fact, any politician jumping on it is a nobhead.

*sigh*

Anyway...it gets me all riled up, hehe.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm working on a documentary at the moment which is very political, so I've been having many social & political discussions with the director

That's awsome. I do expect tickets to the premiere.

Super Moderator

UK
    It'll certainly get a DVD release and hopefully broadcast on TV and also I should think, do a tour of film festivals (the original short version had done that and got a lot of attention/wins), so I was brought on to be the Cinematographer to shoot the full length version. It should be done soon, I certainly look forward to seeing the full version and seeing it put out there.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I wish politicians would think outside the box, rather than just ticking over, come up with some proper ideas (like don't tax the earnings of those on low wages, and definitely charge the rich more as they get away with far too much)...I wish they'd also think outside of fahkin' London. All this big brother stuff that Labour has really been winging in over the years has really angered me (not that other parties haven't done their little bits too, but Blair & Co really take the feckin' biscuit).
    All pols seem to do is deal with meaningless hot button issues ( like gay marriage over here) simply to get their base riled up. It seems that there's never any meaningful legislation that ever gets passed rarely even debated.
    As for the big brother thing. It's definitely happening and there's little we can do to stop it. I was under the impression for a long time that our elected officials were suppossed to carry out what the people who put them in office want. It doesn't really work like that though. Once their in office they forget all their campaign "promises" and do as they please. Take bush for instance. 70% of this country wants out of iraq, yet he doesn't care .He's going to stay the course no matter what. How is that democracy!?!