Thread: a moment on werewolves...

United States

a moment on werewolves...

Whats your fav werewolf movies?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dont normally like em but all 3 ginger snaps films are bitchin'

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    To be totally honest I think they all pretty much suck, with the exception of american werewolf in london which was decent. There was a show a while back on fox which followed the tracy ulman show called wolf. I was pretty into that.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I was thinking of Gingersnaps when I asked... totally dug an American Werewolf in London... I love when he's naked in the park and the lil boys is like... a naked American boy stole my baloons
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Canada
    the howling is my fav
    american werewolf in london also rocks
    silver bullet is alright
    dog soliers kicks ass
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    not saying dog soldiers was bad i just think its very overatted everyone i know says its brilliant but it just seemed a little bland to me.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    not saying dog soldiers was bad i just think its very overatted everyone i know says its brilliant but it just seemed a little bland to me.
    i agree, from all the hype i heard i thought it would be better but it was different and it had some good werewolf action. definatly overrated though.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    a lotta people hate the 3rd gingersnaps since its set in colonial times, but the whole american settlers ina fort holding out against werewolves in the untamed american wild north was a unique setting that really stood out.

United States
    dog soldiers was just entirely predictable

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah thats what put me off it, its like that episode of dr who "42", good effects, good acting but the plot frame for frame was predictable. it just had that been there done that feeling.

United States
    i liked the director... he does good stuff... wots his name... hmm...Neil Marshall... there's a new dog soldiers going to come out soon... Dog Soldiers: Fresh Meat... i'm still excited

Undisclosed
    American Werewolf in London was definetly my favorite film. It had that real tragic curse of a boy who can't stop what he is and is haunted by the tortured spirits of those he's killed. The really eerie part is when he learns the only way he can end their suffering is by dying.

Howling was pretty good. I like how the weres could change when ever they wanted. Aside from AWL, it has the best transformation scene I've ever seen.

Silver bullet wasn't scary, but rather funny to me. The look on that boy's face when the werewolf comes out to eat him, then when he shoots it in the eye, was just priceless.

Loved dog soldiers, not so much for the actual plot, but for the depth of the soldiers themselves. I loved how the werewolves looked a lot more like actual wolves than grotesque monsters. The one thing that put me off was how they were seemingly invulnerable to hails of bullets, but a simple silver letter opener could kill one of them almost instantly. I will say though, I just loved Spoon's last stand in the kitchen. Laughed my a## off when he started throwing everything but the kitchen sink.

Not many think about it, but I also liked the werewolf in monster squad. Looked pretty good, and it was very funny when he got kicked in, as the kids say, 'nards'.

United States
    I liked Silver Bullet because its every kids like... cry wolf story... I mean when I told my mom there was a strange beast in the neighbors yard she didn't believe me... fifteen minutes later we drove past their house and lo and behold! The strange beast was an al packa... of course my mom still didn't believe me whenever I said something but I suppose it was because I told her at night the neighbors dug holes (I still hold to that belief those people were nuts... I mean THEY MADE THEIR OWN CLOTHES PEOPLE... and they never went "out" to eat... EVER... they were pod people... they slept in rubbermaid tupperware THEY ARE ALIENS.. I wonder if they still live there...)

The Howling had awesome werewolf effects especially when you consider the guy who did 'em was like 21 at the time... I loved the ending... unfortunately the sequel with "sturrrrba" kinda made the whole franchise stupid... but I still like the movie and its sequels

I also really enjoyed Bad Moon with Mariel Hemingway... kinda silly about the origins of the werewolves but I liked it none the less...

I think there's a real shortage of good wolf movies but i'm working on something to rectify that based on a book I read when I was like 12... scared the bejeeezus out of me...

capncnut
    A Company of Wolves was an excellent 'remake' of the Little Red Riding Hood story. If you've not seen it then you should definitely check it out.