Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Same writers for T4 as T3... Oh dear...

Administrator

England

Same writers for T4 as T3... Oh dear...

The T3 script was needlessly weak in a number of areas so that doesn't bode well...

The fact that *cough* McG *plah* is possibly going to direct it... Oh dear!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just recently saw that the title is TERMINATOR SALVATION: THE FUTURE BEGINS and it's the beginning of a new trilogy.

But yeah....McG.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that title has officially put me off that damn movie.

Super Moderator

UK
    That title, plus McG, plus the T3 writers, plus "new trilogy, hyuck!!!" just kneed me right in the balls so hard I'm hacking up throat-goo...

...but once I've realigned the berries, I'll resume shouting "load of old penis!" quick-smart!

United States

New Trilogy?

I don't even consider T3 to be a worthy sequel, and don't think that it makes the Terminator series a trilogy.

As I've said in another thread, T1 and T2 are the only ones that count in my book.

United States
    Yeah, T3 not worthy to smell my $hit. T4, et al, likewise.

Though, secretly I was glad that they got rid of the little twerp that played John from T2 in T3. That kid is similarly not worthy to smell my $hit.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

capncnut
    I don't mind T3 to be honest, but yeah it wasn't a patch on the first two.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I don't mind T3 to be honest, but yeah it wasn't a patch on the first two.
    My thoughts exactly... T3 was an average action flick with some unfortunately dumb elements to the writing... T1 & T2 were just great imaginative action flicks with some great writing behind them!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Cameron is an outstanding director and the reason why T3 wasn't as good was because he didn't make it, full stop. I'm glad he finally took that sea capsule back up to the surface of the ocean 'cos I was getting worried about him for a sec. Avatar sounds amazing.

He recently expressed interest in making another Alien movie as well...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Cameron is an outstanding director and the reason why T3 wasn't as good was because he didn't make it, full stop. I'm glad he finally took that sea capsule back up to the surface of the ocean 'cos I was getting worried about him for a sec. Avatar sounds amazing.

He recently expressed interest in making another Alien movie as well...
    I hope Avatar lives up to his films from the 90s... I hope he hasn't gone all Carpenter on us!!
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Well, it's been a while since he filmed an original project and some of his later films lacked his trademark punch. Time will tell I guess... Saying that, I'm sure he's all out to blow the world away again.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    they need to just call it terminator redemption. cuz thats what saved the video game franchise

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    they should do soemthing like "terminator:the end" and setit after they fought the future war and sent the people back, like have the last few humans alive find some ruins and planet of the apes style wake up old machinery and have the very last terminator in existence just do what comes naturally.
    sure itd kill the franchise as the last one but its better than another 21st century person fights a terminator plot that im sick of as nothing can come close to t-2.

Super Moderator

UK
    Titanic, whilst a crap story and kinda pointless (yes, we know, the boat sinks), was at least good for the Cameron style bravado and scale of everything. True Lies was awesome fun, it really had Cameron's sense of humour throughout it, a very enjoyable flick.

And another Cameron jaunt into "Aliens" land would be freaking awesome. He should do an alternate universe tangent where it takes place after the second film, just so we can have Hicks back, HICKS RULES!

Of course, there's the age factor since the second movie ... still ... gotta be an explanation in there somewhere, come on - it's HICKS!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    am i the only person that thought titannic was a terrible movie with just some snappy effects?