Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never Been Closer to a Million $ Budget...

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Never Been Closer to a Million $ Budget...

Those of you in the USA may have heard of the Project Greenlight competition. A feature film screenplay comp where the winner gets a million dollar budget to make their movie.

Well, here in Australia they're running an offshoot of the US comp, called Project Greenlight: Australia. Same deal, winner gets a million buck budget.

As of this week, from an initial pool of 700 scripts, my script has made the cut to the Top 50. It's a supernatural horror flick. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my zombie feature script finished by the entry deadline.

Now I've got less than two weeks to shoot a scene from my script, in order to be judged into the cut to the Top 16 in a few weeks.

Wish me luck!

Cheers

Undisclosed
    Wow, thats really cool.

Good luck, haha.

ViP

United States
    Wow! Good luck! At worst, you'll have a good story to tell. Seriously, good luck!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Good ****ing luck, dude!!! I hope you make it!

UK
    Best of luck fella. Hope you win.
    Sound is more important than picture.

Get the money on the screen

Super Moderator

UK
    *fingers crossed*

(I'm not crossing dicks though ... anybody? Anybody get the reference?)

Meh, anyway, damn-good-luck chap, if only there were such things in the UK...

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Australian Dick Wrestling? (on ESPN)

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Congrats on making the top 50
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Good luck to ya!

Banned User

United States
    Awesome!! Good luck to you. I loved our project greenlight here and I can't wait for feast to finally hit the shelves October.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    best of luck! hope you win!
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Australia
    Australia needs all the good horror movies it can get. All the best!
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Super Moderator

UK
    Some pretty cool lookin' screen caps there, my fingers are still crossed for you (damn it's hard to type ).

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Holy cr#p....

Thanks to those who wished me luck. It must have worked, because I'm now into the Top 16 finalists of Project Greenlight: Australia. Interviews in Sydney next week where they'll announce the Top 8, who will then have to jump through the hoops of a short filmmaking competition.

Cheers