Thread: Interactive map of "Vaugley Rude Place Names of the World"

United States

Interactive map of "Vaugley Rude Place Names of the World"

I don't know why, but I found this amusing.

http://maps.geotastic.org/rude/

An interactive map showing weird, rude, and perverted names of towns and cities around the world. Maybe some of you guys across the pond can confirm some of these names over there..?

A few notable entries:

Intercourse, Pennsylvania
    A town called "Vagina" in Russia
    'Little Dick Lake' in Minnesota
    Labia, Belgium

wtf..?? I wonder what these people were smoking when they came up with these names.

Super Moderator

UK
    Reminds me of a recent Red Nose Day (a nationwide charity event here in the UK) when the cast of The Inbetweeners (British comedy series) went around the country looking for rude place names - see the playlist of it on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/course?list=ECDE44D6FF7B3A4D7B

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Reminds me of a recent Red Nose Day (a nationwide charity event here in the UK) when the cast of The Inbetweeners (British comedy series) went around the country looking for rude place names - see the playlist of it on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/course?list=ECDE44D6FF7B3A4D7B
    HAH! Some good ones in there... "Titty Ho" and "Bell End"? WHO THINKS UP THIS SHIT?!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    HAH! Some good ones in there... "Titty Ho" and "Bell End"? WHO THINKS UP THIS SHIT?!
    First time I ever saw someone use "Bell End" was on this forum (it's a Brit thing, and I think it was Tricky who used it), and, I swear to you, for a long time I just assumed the term was referencing The Bell Curve and referring to knuckle-draggers at the negative end of the IQ spectrum. I only found out the actual intended meaning a year or so back

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    First time I ever saw someone use "Bell End" was on this forum (it's a Brit thing, and I think it was Tricky who used it), and, I swear to you, for a long time I just assumed the term was referencing The Bell Curve and referring to knuckle-draggers at the negative end of the IQ spectrum. I only found out the actual intended meaning a year or so back

I love confusing/entertaining our American chums with our British slang.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

I think my first sighting of that term was from MZ. It took me a second to figure it out, then the ensued.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 22-Feb-2013 at 06:39 PM.