Thread: Getting hooked on tv shows/movies/music you never thought you'd ever like

Canada

Getting hooked on tv shows/movies/music you never thought you'd ever like

okay....

Basically, since i am a hermet, i tend to browse the net alot. I kept hearing stuff about this show called "avatar: the last airbender" and i decided to check it out.

Bad move on my part, as i am now hooked, and am trying to dl all the episodes so far....I honestly love the damn show now...

so, has anyone here had something similar to this situation happen to them before, and if yes, pelase share your experiences with everyone.
    That'd be rocking.

oh yea, and i have aqua on my playlist....and some maroon 5....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im watching season 3 of avatar on nickelodeon right now,lol. im a big fan of anime and manga and even though its american it has that vibe so i checked it out adn its easily the best animated show on tv right now.

England
    This happens quite a lot to me as i never really watch "live" tv unless its a sporting event so i tend to catch on to things waaaaaaaaaaaaay later than everyone else. You've also got the added bonus of not having to wait a week for the next episode.

The 1st show that caught me like this was probably the 1st season of 24 although i got bored halfway through the 2nd season and dropped it like a bad habit.

The Unit then filled my need for some military action and is still going strong despite the makeover they have given it (god i hate that new theme tune).

Friday Night Lights is a truly superb drama and being from England i know nothing about American Football but love the storylines they go with.

Mmmm. What next?
    Oh yeah.

The West Wing totally passed me by when it first came out but i overdosed on that upto season 4 before you could tell the writing killed the show. Big shame really.

I could go on and on but what i tend to do is surf TV.com when im bored, read the reviews of new and old shows. If something sparks my interest, then i download the Pilot and maybe episodes 2 & 3 and go from there.

Its a great way to watch tv imho and thank god for the newsgroups.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    You mean Aqua as in the band that recorded the 'barbie girl' song? Wow... Do you wanna borrow my CD's man? Its cool if you want to ... I trust ya...

I recently became addicted to some cartoon on adult swim called 'the Venture Brothers' and its foggin hilarious. To me at least...

I also find that the more I listen to a certain type of music the more likely I am to suddenly like it... though that hasn't held true for country or rap... but still... it does for other crap I think I hate to start off with...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Canada
    turn back time, dr.Jones, candy man, cartoon heros, and my oh my. amoung others....

Avatar is awesome Hells, i dunno why i like it so much, as i never really liked the art style of mangas and anime, but for some reason, this show sticks with me, i think it's mainly because the characters are all so awesome, well acted, well written, and just fun. The show has sad moments (check out tales of ba sing sei in book 2 for two really good ones (the 1st two). But is incredibly funny, even to me, and i'm almost 20 years old ffs!

and the Venture Bros. is also a high quality show....Brock Sampson is everything i want to become.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye the venture brothers rocks, as does squidbillies and metalocalypse.
    if you like avatar then you should check out fullmetal alchemist, even if you dont like anime its just got one of those stories that pulls you in.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    aye the venture brothers rocks, as does squidbillies and metalocalypse.
    if you like avatar then you should check out fullmetal alchemist, even if you dont like anime its just got one of those stories that pulls you in.
    Yes avatar is awesome and Fullmetal...Hey I remember seeing that, that was awesome to. Envy was my favorite homculous.

United States
    Metalocalypse.

So ****ing brutal. And awesome.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    pretty much anythign with metal in the title rocks.